YR actress returns (spoiler!!!)

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

She was the victim of a massive feud between Ed Scott and Kay Alden at the time over storyline directions and was fired. I don’t know if anyone has ever actually asked her back as Walters actually appeared briefly again in 2010 before MAB, Sheffer & Co brought on Maura.

• Members

Watching that scene of Victor pushing Diane out of the ambulance again just disgusts me all the more. It's done in such an utterly pathetic manner, and makes Victor look like a complete and total loser, stripping him of any last dignity that Bill Bell, and Eric Braeden, felt was so important. It reminds me a lot of the man-children who now run so much of our country and our media. Ironically, Braeden is often on social media blasting these people to hell.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Yes.

And the only thing that made my skin crawl worse is the fact that the aftermath... when she walks back to her hotel with Jack and Adam there was played FOR LAUGHS.
Such a low low point for the show.

I am not going to belabor this but Phillip is the only one of those who was clearly presented as dead-dead.

All the others were left ambiguous enough at the time that it was easy to guess the character wasn't really  dead or that at least the door was wide open.
Heck, Drucilla's death also left the door wide open.

I think my reaction to the Days Craig story will have clued folks in that I actually hate this: turning a straight character gay because the performer is gay infuriates me and sends a terrible message.
And this was all wrong with *this* character. The idea that he would have gone to such lengths because he was afraid to come out is an insult to all the characters involved.
I fully agree such a story would be worth telling but I really do not see how this should have ever involved waking Phillip from the dead.

Only positive thing that came out of it is that it finally brought Tricia Cast back to the show and that she KILLED those scenes (which made TB look even worse).

The MP story didn't work at all but I love Susan Walters and goddamn talk about aging gracefully! She looks fantastic.

Edited by FrenchBug82

• Members

Yep! And Susan’s husband Linden fared no better in the DOA role of the silly doctor guy who was Kimberly’s lover and was avenging her death with her mother. Talk about just terrible. 

Speaking of Linden, maybe Sharon will soon have a nightmare of Cameron 

Please register in order to view this content

Like Days, It’s unfortunate that the ghost of Hogan Sheffer still haunts Y&R to this day. MAB & Hammer were just dreadful, but Hogan’s [!@#$%^&*] was just obvious it was him as it smelled awful to high heaven. 

• Members

On a side note, that means the rumors about them auditioning a Summer recast were either accurate or at least a  negotiating tactic because I can't imagine they are not going to bring Kyle back for this soon.

She actually got accidentally killed by Nick and he and Lisa Rinna faked a suicide letter and put her body on train tracks to disguise it as a suicide and make Rob Estes feel guilty to manipulate him into whatever it was they wanted from him at that time, if I recall correctly.

• Members

Yes, that's exactly what happened, and then Amanda went and married the sleazy guy who was the teacher on Boy Meets World out of regret, thinking she'd driven Walters (fake Christine) to suicide. Boy Meets World guy promptly began poisoning her.

Then the show took a couple months off to completely reset the entire series and course correct from the disaster of the bulk of the season, lol. They came back in the summer with a handful of episodes, scrapped virtually all the ongoing plotlines, spiced things up and turned Jamie Luner's character evil, and set the table for the pretty strong (and sadly final) Season 7.