YR actress returns (spoiler!!!)

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I too have been watching old clips and man this hurts. Even in low-stakes story/scenes, everybody is SO much more invested in their acting than the same actors give us today and the writing so much more interesting.
I knew about the decline in quality of the writing but like a frog in boiling water, I sort of had lost track of how much more mechanical some of these veterans have become when there is nothing to get them going acting-wise.

• Members

Exactly. Worst story, logic and execution. I actually preferred Cane being Jill's son. It was also a huge slap to on-screen history as well as the whole premise of why he did it. 

Diane's resurrection isn't even in the same league - especially since Diane was planning on faking her death. It really doesn't matter. At least SW is a solid actor and has great chemistry will a lot of actors still on canvas.

• Members

I was dread-speculating that there could be a *theoretical* possibility that
this could be Mari Jo Mason with plastic surgery to look like Diane.  Dreading this but hoping it's wrong.

However, Alan Sarapa swore on twitter that this is really Diane and not a doppelgänger, so hopefully he's right.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Walters did an interview and said everyone hares Diane in the scripts.

I’m reading the scripts and people are talking about how much they hate Diane and how much damage she’s done. I emailed the writers and asked is there anything specific? The list I got back was hysterical! Diane slept with Victor [Eric Braeden]. She slept with Nick [Joshua Morrow]. Adam [now played by Mark Grossman] helped her fake her death, and she was with this guy named Deacon [Sean Kanan]. I thought, ‘I have so much to learn!’

https://daytimeconfidential.com/2022/03/23/susan-walters-opens-up-about-her-return-to-the-young-and-the-restless

Promo: "the ultimare bad girl is back."

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CbdYFQJlhsU/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Members

Diane is not the mother who raised Allie. 
The Wed. 3/23 Canadian (Thurs US) episode
has Diane (as "Taylor Jensen") talking with Allie, and it's obvious Allie doesn't recognize her.
During their talk, Jack phones Allie.  Interesting to watch Diane's face as she listens to Allie's side of the convo.

We know it's really Diane.  But the subtitles are calling her "Taylor" which is the fake name she's currently using.

It seems like Diane is there pretending to want to buy Keemo's house, as a way to get to Jack.  Still no idea who Allie's mother is.

Edited by janea4old