YR actress returns (spoiler!!!)

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I liked Phyllis Vs Diane even if the particulars were not always fascinating.
One of the first signs the Maura West as Diane thing was going awry was that the fact they spent her first months on the show really setting themselves up to revisit that and then it abruptly just went away just like that only for them to almost never interact again. It was so weird. I always assumed there was a BTS drama story behind it

• Members

This is only interesting because the show has become so boring. I just find it odd this started about Keemo, who never appeared and is now dead. 

Like others have said, Susan Walters is serviceable in the role, but I don’t think she was that interesting. The memorable stuff wifi Diane was always with Alex Donnelly for me, so it’s hard to care that much. 

• Members

As another poster asked, would it be "in character" for Diane to allow Kyle to think she was dead for many years?

I've watched a lot of Y&R on and off. But I wasn't watching Y&R during any of the years Diane was active, so I really don't "know" her.  

From what I've read, it seems like different stints of the character seem to show different levels of interest in Kyle. It's confusing to me. 

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Maybe I am in the minority but they should've left well enough alone. And I actually love Diane and was livid when they killed her. 

These shows gotta stop doing "coming back from the dead" stories, and revert back to realism for this genre to survive. 

It boggles my how streaming platforms on capitalizing on what soaps popularly did for decades; meanwhile, soaps stupidly hang onto the tropes that are killing the genre.