Best chemistry ever on each soap?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Beverly McKinsey and Chris Bernau as siblings on GL had that great tug of war between love and enmity. They managed that delicate balance and made viewers believe it all. Soaps just don't write these types of complex relationships anymore.

Elizabeth Hubbard and Larry Brygmann had some seriously scorching chemistry. Everyone always only seems to focus on the scenes that happen in Lucinda's bathtub but there is so many more scenes where you could focus on the intensity of their chemistry. I think this was something that lasted through various writing regimes in the 80s, 90s until Brygmann left the show in the '00s. They were each complex characters with complex histories who became entwined in a complex relationship. For decades. If you really want to see an example of what I am talking about, watch the mystery at Ruxton Hills in '88 and the way that John and Lucinda relate to one another.

For those who don't know, the Ruxton Hills storyline was from ATWT.

• Members

GH: Robert and Holly

DOOL: Doug and Julie (back in the 70s); Tom and Alice

Y&R: Katherine and Jill (Brenda Dickson)

AW: Rachel and Ada

RH: Jack and Mary (Kate Mulgrew, though I don’t think I need to specify that); Jack and Siobhan (Sarah Felder)