Best chemistry ever on each soap?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Romantic-

I always thought Bo and Carly (Both Bo’s)were hot, as were Bo and Hope (pre-Reilly) on DAYS.

GH- Brenda and Sonny in the 1990’s really set everything on fire. I also thought Anna and Duke were scorching hot back in the day.

OLTL- Max and Gabrielle were incredibly charismatic together, as was Tina and Cord.  I never even liked Max, but the chemistry was there.  I also thought Tea and TsJ’s Todd were incredible together.

AMC-Angie and Jessie had sparks and also a very deep love in their stories.

Non-romantic-

Y&R- Drucilla and Olivia are possibly one of my favorite siblings on soaps.

OLTL- Viki and Dorian (Strasser).

GL- I just love Alexandra (Bev) and Blake (Sherry) sniping at each other.

Y&R-Katherine and Jill (both BD and JW).  It’s almost visceral.

Edited by titan1978

• Members

In old clips, I felt it with both Maxes. Very interesting. But they were electric together. Also OLTL: Krista Tesreau’s Tina and David Vickers, even though it made Tina look ridiculous to be banging someone she thought was her brother.

Y&R: Eric Braeden and Signy Coleman. Victor and Hope just had an easy, quiet chemistry. Non-romantic: Tracey Bregman/Kimberlin Brown; Jeanne Cooper/Jess Walton; Victoria Rowell and Michelle Stafford.

• Members

I forgot to add the original Quartermaines- Alan, Tracy, Edward, Lila and Monica were so much fun.

David Lewis was such a great rascal, and scenes with the whole family were always fun.  Then you add in literally anyone else and it always just worked IMO.  Not a knock on Ingle’s Edward, he was great too.  Just not as hilarious as David Lewis.

• Members

I no longer watch on a regular basis, but back when I did watch the couple with the most intense (non-romantic) chemistry on B&B was obviously Stephanie & Brooke. Susan Flannery and Katherine Kelly Lang worked so well opposite each other. I quickly grew tired of the Brooke/Ridge/Taylor love triangle and could never understand why those two ostensibly intelligent women kept fighting over that undeserving block of wood. Instead it was Stephanie vs Brooke that kept me watching.

• Members

The Brady family on Days including John. I loved their chemistry in the 90s from the fall out of Kayla dating Shane and the tale of two Romans. 

Patsy Pease & Thaao Penghlis I am not sure if Days were testing them or not when Kim first arrived. 

Michael T. Weiss chemistry with the entire Horton clan. I loved how his Mike acknowledged Mickey as dad and Melissa & Sarah as his sisters. 

speaking of these things I miss the days when Hope, and I think Marlena too, would call Caroline and Shawn Ma and Pop, as writers changed that dynamics left and they called them by their first names.

• Members

Away from the usual citations, I am going to mention some actors whose characters were together on screen for a relatively brief period of time.

Monti Sharp and Nia Long for GL (romantic)

Monti Sharp and Melissa Hayden/GL (platonic and I am so glad they were kept platonic in the end).

On a ATWT livestream reunion, Hillary Bailey Smith said she desperately wanted Gregg Marx to join her on another soap (I don't know which, as she was on OLTL but has also done web soaps, which she produces) and either he wasn't available or couldn't be persuaded. I would have loved to see them paired on another show because they were 

Please register in order to view this content

on ATWT.

• Members

Agree 100% about the Brady family including John.  DH had a different chemistry with the siblings but it worked.  I also want to say I always thought Drake and Christie Clark had such wonderful chemistry as (faux) father and daughter.  You could tell they adored each other off screen.

Re GH-

Obviously Sonny/Brenda would be my #1 as a hot romantic relationship, but I loved Lois, Ned, Brenda, Sonny, Robin, and Stone as friends.  It was believable and nice to have actual friendships that felt like real friendships.

• Members

He certainly would have been an improvement over Kale Browne, lol.

GL: Michael Zaslow (ex-Roger) and Maureen Garrett (ex-Holly).  It's always weird to talk about their chemistry, given Roger and Holly's history.  But MZ and MG brought so many emotional layers to Roger and Holly's relationship.  You never had to work hard to give them material to play, because it was just THERE.

• Members

GH:

Mac, Felicia, Maxie, Robin, Anna and Robert. That family has something natural ever since they joined.

Steve and Audrey Hardy with everyone involved with them! u could even put a tree in a room with them or a garbage can with them and they would bring them to life!

Felicia and Frisco! I don’t need to explain that one. Luke and Laura! Even though LnL had that magic chemistry FnF had the stronger chemistry. They had it all!

I know people kinda hated the overuse and their characters from time to time but the Corinthos Clan: Michael, Sonny, Jason, Carly, Joss etc. They were like the last stable family and now they are ruined

Please register in order to view this content

Elizabeth Webber/BH ! Another actress that has chemistry with everyone around her! 

The Webber family (Lesley, Rick, Laura, Amy, Jeff)

The Quartermaines! Even with all the early hatred Monica and Alan still made u root for them.