Harrowing soap moments

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah, it's a moment that WANTS to be harrowing, except, in this case, JVA has a hard time selling the danger.

On the other hand, I'm glad that, for once, Val didn't just blubber-cry about her kids and let Gary take care of things for her.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Speaking of harrowing moments, I feel I would be remiss if I didn't mention GL's Roger Thorpe, disguised as a clown, chasing pregnant Rita through the Hall of Mirrors at the Cedars Hospital charity bazaar (1980).  (The "fun" starts at 3:12.)

• Members

Favorite part:

Jill: "Oh, you're kidding.  You have to ask [what I'm doing here]?  You REALLY have to ask?  You can't figure it out?  Well, try!  What would Miss Jill Bennett be doing in YOUR house, in YOUR bedroom, in a funny wig, late at night, pointing a gun at you?"

Jill was off-the-chain nuts...but she was so right to point out how stupid Val was to ask such a stupid question.

It's moments like those where I feel like the Lechowicks REALLY hated writing for JVA.  They never missed an opportunity to make her look dumb as hell.

And that little speech Jill gives moments later, as she has her gun pointed at the back of Val's head?  I've never seen Teri Austin give a finer line reading.  It's truly palpable how much Jill wanted the b***h dead.

Edited by Khan

• Members

nm

The way I see it, Jill gave Val two options: either die by her own hand, or die by Jill's.  Either way, Jill was gonna see to it that Val was dead.  So, why does Val just sit there and let Jill go on and on and on?  Why not at least try and lunge for the gun, Valene?  Why not put up some kind of fight (yell, push her, throw things at her, etc)?

If I were in that situation, I wouldn't just lay there.  I'd at least go down swinging.

Edited by Khan

• Members

When you have Valene Clemens Ewing Gibson profess that she loves Danny [!@#$%^&*] Waleska more than she ever loved Gary OR Ben, you might as well hand over your keys to the studio and go work on your own show, because it's clear you hate KNOTS LANDING, you hate everything it ever stood for, and you hate the people who cherished it for exactly those things, too.

• Members

To me that was Val over compensating because everyone always assumed she was going to be with Gary again so she felt like she had something to prove.

Again- I’m team Gary/Abby and Ben/Valene.  Those relationships just work better for me overall.

The Danny story was awful all around as far as I am concerned.

• Members

Perhaps.  But, again, I don't think the Lechowicks were that deep, lol.

From the start, it was just so obvious where Danny's story was gonna go.  It's almost as if you expect JVA or Ted Shackelford to break character and say, "Oh, just get in here, Danny, and terrorize us already!  We've got to get the bank by five!".

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

That time Molly Sherwood "shot" Raven Swift on The Edge of Night and it appeared that she was dead. Two episodes later Molly is walking up the stairs after tying up April in the basement and when she reaches the top and opens the door, Raven is right there and Molly goes crashing back down the stairs to her death.

• Members

Yes, there are, but that one sticks out for me because I needed to be somewhere that day Molly shot Raven and there was no way leaving my house until the show went  off at 4:30. I remember been shook by the whole thing and couldn't wait to until the next episode. I was still in my teens then.