Days of Our Lives: February 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

Maybe I am a huge crank - I am a huge crank when it comes to this story for sunre - but why does Craig need to lust after anyone and why does Craig need to be lusting after much younger men?

Did RC think there were not enough offensive stereotypes being nurtured by this story that we also had to add older gay men being predatory with much younger straight men?

Not all gay men are attracted to hairless muscled twunks thirty years their junior and not all gay men are just attracted to everyone that passes them by especially if they are in a committed relationship. You don't see straight characters being constantly horny around young female characters even while dating another character. I am sure most "real" straight men might look at Gabi and think she is hot. The show does not feel the need - rightfully so - to stage them ogling her.
So why is this a thing with a gay character?

Weird as it is, we are supposed to believe Craig and Leo are dating. So if they are going to destroy Craig/Nancy, wouldn't it have been much easier to accept if he was replacing what he had with Nancy with a real loving relationship - even if it turns out misguided, which it would with Leo - than having walking around getting a boner for various straight twinks, some of whom could be his grandsons?

I hate this so much. It is not amusing or interesting or titillating it enough to justify how offensive it is.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Craig coming out could've been a wonderful story if told by a competent writer. I laughed when Leo appeared as the mysterious boyfriend. You're telling me Craig is this dumb(horny) not to realize he's being played by Leo? I will never buy it. They should've brought someone more serious from Days past as his love interest. This story had so much great possibilities but once again it's being done for laughs.

• Members

None of it makes sense. 

You're telling me Leo flew out to Salem (or drove, whatever) and never once mentioned to Craig that he used to live there? The fact that they both lived in Salem at different points never came up? Craig never mentioned his daughter who lives in Salem, and Leo was like, yeah I know who that is??? 

• Members

I hate to seem to defend this nonsense, but in all fairness, if Leo is conning Craig, it would make sense he would not want to mention that he lived in Salem, lest Craig reaches out to people he knows and hears what Salem residents think of/know about Leo. Better to "suck him in" first.

Now if Craig is not *bothered* and suspicious that Leo never mentioned it after he finds out, then we have a problem.
But I can take the underlying lie.

• Members

This.  All this.

Because, knowing Ron Carlivati's work, that's exactly what's gonna happen (and more!).

My theory: Leo's got something on someone whom Craig is close to, so he's blackmailing him into this...relationship.

• Members

I enjoy the character of Leo and had hoped he’d bring some life to this awful Craig/Nancy story, but nope. They have no chemistry and the show didn’t do a good job of convincing me (or Chloe or Brady) that it makes sense. 

Ite sad because Chloe suddenly became interesting when her parents returned, but this is such a cursed story. They should’ve just brought back Joy or literally anything other than this.