Days of Our Lives: December 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

I wonder how the story would have gone if it was just a lookalike not Eileen.  Interesting tidbit.  I totally forgot ED and JL were married briefly.

@KLN Kristen and Peter were characters that were weirdly never mentioned for so long.  John/Marlena never even referenced her after it was over.  And of course Jen never mentioned Peter.

Today's show moved a lot of stuff along, but the reveals were kind of lame?   The Lucas stuff really came out of nowhere.  I know it was rumored and spoiled, but nothing indicated he had done what he did on screen until today.  He was a little cagey about the police post-kidnapping, but the man is too lazy to buy his own house.  He planned a 3 month kidnapping?  I hate it.

And the Johnny/Chanel stuff was predictable as hell.  Boring......I don't get why Chanel keeps getting married lol.  She's like 22.

Other than that I did like the show and this mix of characters.  It worked.  I like when Sami gets to interact with her family.  Although I have to laugh at Sami's lack of concern over Marlena's possession.  She's like I am so worried, but EJ is divorcing me!! At least Belle seems fairly concerned.  I don't like that the entire town knows Marlena's possessed.  They talk about it so casually.   It should be a little more mass hysteria and a little less 'meh?  I am sure 70 year old John will figure it out." lol.

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I previously said in a post that Alan would confuse Eileen with Brenda and he did.

Please register in order to view this content

He even made Eileen cry. He should've moved on once Eileen said she was going to cry.

I haven't watched yet but Lucas being the kidnapper is stupid as hell.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Someone on Twitter posted a summary of an interview with Bryan Datillo (I'm assuming it's from one of the mags), and I guess even BD said this Lucas stuff is out of character, so... yeah. But he says there's good stuff coming up for Lucas. Sure... 

Please register in order to view this content

I guess this is what it takes to try to make EJami viable. 

• Members

Poor Victor looked like he was sinking into the couch today lol God bless John Aniston for still working at 88, but they could’ve at least put a pillow behind him to prop him up.

Clearly, Chanel learned nothing from her quickie marriage to Xander lol

And as for Lucas, all I can say is... Uggghhhh

That was one spoiler that I wish hadn’t been true. I’m glad BD called it out for being out of character. How the hell was Lucas able to plan it? The guy doesn’t have a pot to piss in but he has the money to stage a kidnapping??

I don’t dislike him, but the interruptions get annoying sometimes. Luckily, he seems to let the actor(s) speak when they’re discussing a non P&G show. I’m looking forward to watching this one.

• Members

I am just confused as to what the point of Lucas kidnapping Sami was?  Maybe if he staged a kidnapping with him and Sami together it would have made a tiny bit of sense, but why did he think locking her up for 3 months alone would make her love him?  How long was he going to keep her there?  Until she called him?  EJ already dumped Sami.  I am not sure why he didn't just make a move like a normal human that he mostly has been for the last 20 years.  I am glad Lucas got thrown under the bus because Ali had to make a Hallmark movie.

@AbcNbc247 I thought Lucas did have money.  He just lives at the Pub for some unknown reason. 

I like Johnny and Chanel just fine, but most of their story has taken place off screen in Italy.  They barely know each other.

• Members

If Days was a soap that did some actual character-based drama on top of the OTT plot twists, there would be tons of actually interesting stuff to write around Kate, her relationship with her children and why they are who they are. The kind of stuff they did pretty well with Billie back in the day - first in the antagonism when LR was playing her and then Billie questioning who she was and her mother's influence when she turned "bad" under KA.
And going there would actually make both the Philip story and the stupid Lucas twist worth it if they were used as a starting point to explore the psychology of these characters and it might help the stories make a little more sense than they do in a vacuum.
Alas they are just plot-driven twists.

I have said it before but Lucas has got to be in the Top 10 of soap characters where the gap between his potential and how much fans like him on one hand and how horribly written or underused the character consistently is on the other has got to be the widest.

Edited by FrenchBug82

• Members

There is also a weird disconnect with the writers about how popular Lucas/Sami are vs. EJ/Sami are.  I know in the past with JS EJami was crazy popular (for unknown reasons), but I don't think that's the case now.   Most people seem to like this EJ with Nicole and Lucas with Sami.

I am 99% sure Lucas has money.  I think he moved into the Pub to be closer to Sami originally.  He probably saves a lot of money renting a room.  As I legit don't think he's had a place to live in Salem for over a decade.  He's not Brady renting a hotel for 5 years, so Lucas may be the most fiscal sound person in Salem and has been saving up for this kidnapping. 

• Members

I did not see that eye-opening, popular vote from the 10 people that still subscribe to SOD.    GAMECHANGER.  I clearly have it wrong then.

I am not on a ton of boards, but I rarely can find a person that likes Rafe let alone ships him with anyone.   And honestly, I don't even mind Rafe.  He's just there like a doofus, but he doesn't bother me really.  Except when he talks to the bear