Days of Our Lives: October 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

I think JKJ is looking a lot better these past couple of weeks now that they're doing something different with his hair (it's slicked back which I hate on anyone, but it's still an improvement). He was looking... not good for a while. Nadia looks like she's gotten lip injections, which is totally unnecessary. She's still one of the most gorgeous women on the planet though. I don't understand how EM is 50, he's doesn't look it at all and is super hot still. I normally wouldn't thirst over a guy who's old enough to be my dad, but damn lol. Unfortunately Brady hasn't done anything interesting in ages (neither have Philip or Chloe). I'm beyond over their triangle.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The only problem I've had with Eric Martsolf ever being on the show is that with his casting they aged Brady way too much. I know this is DAYS, but I'm still going to hate every individual SORAS'ing blunder no matter what level of asinine, with EJ obviously being the stupidest.

• Members

They all look so rough. Imagine Storms and/or Cook returning... I presume they still look fresh, since they did a couple years back. It would look really glaring. Martsolf looks better than a few years ago when he too was starting to look used up.

• Members

Poor JKJ looks skeletal. Jason Cook looked great a few years ago, but anyone who watches GH knows Kirsten has needed to be off television and taking care of herself for most of the last ten years.

I think this ship sailed long ago though, starting with them hyper-aging Shawn and Belle for JC/KS to begin with. I never got over how they were toddlers when John and Marlena left on their honeymoon and teens when they came back.

• Members

Not me lol Eric’s old enough to be my Dad and I don’t care at all

Please register in order to view this content

But Brady is played out and unfortunately Chloe is heading that way too. They could use a rest. Maybe if there’s a Beyond Salem season 2, they could be part of it

• Members

Brady definitely feels played out. He's continuously driven story since Eric debuted, really. That's a long time and a LOT of relationships. LOL. 

I wouldn't say Chloe is played out. A stronger direction would help. More scenes with Belle and Shawn would help. Bringing on her sister would help. 

JKJ chews the scenery when Philip has to go all Investigation Discovery angry. The triangle has potential but it's all so flat and boring and feels like Philip doesn't stand a chance.

I think JKJ has aged fine. Nadia didn't need the injections.

Chloe/Brady/Philip writes itself so it shouldn't be so lackluster or feel like an afterthought.

Nobody expects them to de-age anyone.

Yep on Kirsten Storms.

• Members

JKJ looks like he's been on the bad drugs, or maybe just malnourished.

Too bad about Storms. She didn't look too bad from a casual glance, but maybe she just still looked youthful compared to Martha Madison. FWIW, I think Madison looks a lot better with hairstyles that she normally doesn't wear.

It's not expected, but they definitely do it from time to time.

• Members

Yeah, JKJ is very gaunt in the face. I have to admit I've wondered.

And yeah de-aging could happen with a recast, definitely. But they don't see Eric's Brady or Martha's Belle or Brandon's Shawn as a 'problem' like some on here do. I mean, look at Dan/EJ. It is what it is at this point lol even though the horrible SORASing bothers me

• Members

Martsolf looked amazing then and now. Brady is never going to be de-aged no matter who plays him, neither are most characters.

It's not a question of de-aging Shawn and Belle at this point. They have an adult child, and just like E.J. it is what it is; you can never roll it back. (Just like when Patricia Bruder ended up with grandchildren on ATWT like a decade after being a teen heroine, but that was in the really extreme days) The problem with Belle is the actor and the writing for decades, and Shawn is an afterthought no matter who is in the role.

Edited by Vee