ATWT: TV Guide Spoilers for Week of 3/27

• Members

Gwen wisely mistrusts a kind gesture from Barbara.

Emily marries a reluctant Paul in a jailhouse wedding ceremony.

After Chardonnay pours out the awful truth, Jack walks out on Carly.

In Maddie's latest colorful fantasies, Oakdale residents are cast as characters from classic sitcoms.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She set Chardonnay up in the hotel with Nick. Carly planned on getting Nick drunk and taking some pictures (via a hidden digital camera) of him in a compromising position with Chardonnay....but Cardonnay's plans were different.

So while Carly really didn't do anything...she kind of did by setting Chardonnay up at the hotel with Nick...which is what catapulted the whole thing!!!

• Members

Thanks for the spoilers. Emily is such a fool! I can't believe she is letting Paul play her, again. Poor Carly, she can't ever get it right! I can't wait for Maddie's fantasy. It should be a lot of fun. I expect the Bus Ride to be more serious. I'm very excited for the 50th anniversary!

• Members

I saw both anniversary episodes last night at the Museum of TV and Radio's ATWT screening and reception. Parodies of sitcoms was definitely not what I considered special enough for a 50th celebration, but having said that, you can tell the cast had an absolute ball doing it, and it was so much fun watching the cast watch the episodes.

• Members

The MTR event was a screening and reception. The screening featured the long-time cast members and Martha, Jon and Kelley. Helen and Don read from the first script which was great. They showed the entire 7 Divas episode on the big screen and everyone laughed and enjoyed it. Then they did a Q&A with the actors on stage and there was a lot of funny insights and rememberances. This will be webcast today at mtr.org at 1pm ET so watch it if you can.

The reception was attended by most of the cast and even former cast members like Pat Bruder (Ellen Stewart). There were TVs all around all showing the March 31st parody episode. I saw it about three times but it was playing without sound.

There was the Hillbillies, I Dream of Carly, Happy Oakdale Days, The Munsonsters and maybe others that I can't remember. The actors were having a ball watching themselves and even I had to make fun of Jesse as the Fonz when that scene came on.

The 7 Divas episode was fun and a nice showcase for the ladies. You can tell they had a blast doing it and we all enjoyed watching.

• Members

I'm just not really feeling the whole TV Classic thing for the 50th anniversary of ATWT!!! The seven divas thing would be okay, but I just don't know about them being on a bus is all. I mean really Barbara, Lucinda riding a bus????

I'll reserve my judgment.

• Members

http://www.tvguide.com/soaps/ has some more stuff. The previews section has a photo of Carly and Jack in an I Dream of Jeanie spoof.

And then the news section has info on the 7 Divas show with a photo of Barbara with a bear?!?! :blink:

I'm kind of skeptical about the sitcom spoof episode because it seems like it's just going to focus on the current cast, and not the history of the show. I think it will be funny though.

The 7 Divas show should be a lot more interesting, but I'm going to have to stretch my imagination for it...none of these women would be schlepping it on a bus (unless it's like a tour bus or something fancy).

Archived