ATWT: TV Guide Spoilers for Week of 3/27

• Members

I feel better about the shows having seen them, although it's not what I would have done as EP.

I don't remember if Nancy is in the parodies, but Lucinda, Bob, Kim and Lisa are all used. Bob was a GREAT Grandpa Munster. I would have been unhappy if these actors weren't used, but they were and it was great.

Both episodes feature the original ATWT opening and not the new one as an added touch.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The black and white one or the color one? That should be extra cool to see! I wonder what they did to the sponsor tags...

Speaking of the opening, I'm assuming we're getting a brand new opening on the Tuesday episode? God I hope so, and everything seems to point in that direction, considering there has been no updating at all since December. They took the version with Keith in it out of the rotation, and neither Nick or Jade are in the opening yet.

Sounds pretty interesting from Roger's reviews. I would have done something different too, but in this day and age, what could we really expect? A week's worth of classic clips and remembrances? That would be the definitive treat, but we know we weren't going to get that.

And my god...Helen Wagner running from a bus?! Do they need any more proof that this woman is in excellent health and needs to be worked?!

• Members

The whole bus thing and the bear was a little over the top and a bit forced (because these women have hardly been together in years), but it was an absolute treat to see an entire show dedicated to these ladies. They played it for laughs and it was funny, and seeing the flashbacks was a treat.

The worst part for me is that there are no returning characters from the past. Rosemary Prinz and Pat Bruder are both in NYC and could easily tape a few scenes for ONE episode. Would it be THAT hard to work them in? Seeing Ellen give it to Emily and tell Susan what a rotten mother she's been would be priceless. And Casey seeing his Aunt Penny would add so much to the show's history and tie it together. She could even talk about her teen angst with Jeff.

Here is the MTR webcast of last night's event:

http://mtr.org/events/atwt/

Archived