Legendary Sitcom Star Joins DAYS and Reunites With Former Co-Star

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Why would anyone complain about Marla Gibbs appearing as Paulina's mother? Is it a complaint about an influx of new characters or an influx of new black characters? How much airtime do people think MG will take up?

I saw quite a bit of bitching on Facebook about Paulina and Chanel. Marla Gibbs has great rapport with Jackee and this is a coup to have them together. I hope she's healthy enough to stick around for a little while.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Right?

I get we make fun of TV sitcom stars joining soaps but like ... be nice ya'll. Not everything needs a snarky response

It bothers me too. Kudos to her for being able to work at all IMHO. Some of ya'll come back to me when you are her age.

• Members

The irony here is that there is a never verified story that Marla had a clause in her 227 contract that if Jackee got a spin-off then she could never return to the main show.  While on The Jefferson's, Marla's character got a spin-off that quickly failed and she felt lucky to be able to return to the main show.  However, once she was the lead on 227, legend has it, that she resented the attention that Jackee received, so she put the clause in place.  Jackee was given a spin-off, it failed, and she never returned to 227.  So, the fact that she was hired on Days using Jackee's proverbial coattails is ironic.

Edited by j swift