B&B: February 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

TK is a beautiful man even when he looks like a boat captain who just returned from two weeks at sea - as in most days. Ironically he could have played a Nick recast that way.
Joking aside, Ronn Moss didn't really look like a fashion designer to me either. A fashion model for sure (he never got me hot and bothered but he is certainly a classically good-looking man) but not anything that requires work.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

He, along with other daytime actors like Joshua Morrow, Ricky Paull Goldin, etc. can really transform from stud to sloppy dud depending on their haircut and facial hair. 

P.S. I've never been a huge fan of TK, but knowing the two Ridge's real life political affiliations, I am more than happy to keep TK in the role...

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Yikes RM. He's still got that rock-solid bone structure, but those chiselled mannequin looks don't always age well.

I'm surprised to hear about his political affiliations -- for a long time I figured he was a laidback rocker/California hippie. However, it seems many freewheeling liberal types have been attracted to this idea of 'Trump the disruptor.'

Edited by Cat

• Members

I definitely prefer the clean shaven and nice haircut versions of Ridge and Nick Newman. 
I never felt that strongly about either Ridge actor. Some of the storylines however! Ridges absence when Stephanie was dying. Brooke mistaking the young Oliver for a 60 year old man. I could go on!

• Members

I don't want to be crass so I am going to put this delicately.
It is not so much the age difference that really ticked me off. It is that, as someone who has had sex with more than one man, there is a trope in soaps that I will never wrap my head around which is "confusing one man in bed for another" - whether it is throught plastic surgery or the kind of Brooke/Oliver confusion.
No man - and no manhood - is the same. It would be really unlikely for someone to confuse a lover for another one, even for a quickie in the dark, especially someone Brooke had had sex with many times over decades.
No way. 
That's the most delicate way I can put it.

Edited by FrenchBug82

• Members

That is 100% the story I was thinking of. "Scent, feel" is the nice way to put it. There is one very concrete piece of evidence one man is not the same as another man that no facial plastic surgery can do anything about.

Well, as someone with a track record myself, I can see how she could get confused between people she had casually. But Ridge? She must have had sex with him a gazillion times. NO WAY would she not know.

• Members

Oh Lawd....  So Clayton Norcross is the one holdout. Good for him 

Please register in order to view this content

I like the delicate way you and @Chatty Cakes described knowing the difference between person to person, lol. I remember the soap press (okay, Carolyn Hinsey) commented on that during the Jack/Patty/Emily storyline ("wouldn't he notice different nipples?" etc.). 

It's funny how we soap fans went along for the ride in the 80's and 90's, but finally took issue with how unrealistic a doppelganger story is. I mean, do we really think DAYS' Kristen DiMera and Susan Banks would be so similar that John Black couldn't tell the difference? Susan had just had a baby, ate crappy food, and let's be real here: she was probably unkempt in certain areas.  If he looked down expecting a nicely trimmed landing strip, he'd be shocked to find the amazon rainforest!