SOD Best and Worst of 2020

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Only reason I didn’t say B&B is because as long as Brad Bell is HW, there is only so much that show will do. He’s beyond burnt out and we know his routine by now. B&B is the easiest soap to fix and write, but with nobody given the chance it is what it is basically. 

• Members

I paused at that too.  They weren't even together a lot of the year and now are bickering, but they aren't the worst choice.  If I had to pick at veteran Days couple I would have picked Jarlena, but at least it wasn't Ciara/Ben lol.

Can someone tell me who Delores on GH is?  I can't remember her at all and I watch GH, sorta, some of the time lol.  The only Delores I remember is Dante's young, attractive partner at the PCPD about 10 years ago.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

I don't love Adrienne, but I do love WK/Justin.

I really like Jarlena, but I don't think they were amazing this year or anything.  I just thought they were better than Steve/Kayla.  I thought Jack/Jen (when shown) were too.

I have never seen all of Marlena/Don and what I did was years after the fact.  Don always seemed like a sexist jerk and was pretty awful to Marlena during DJ's death. I did like them later on as friends.   I enjoyed WN's Roman/Marlena a lot in the early days too.

• Members

Don't know about Marlena's best pairing, but I do know I liked (Ro)John better with every other female he was ever romantically involved with more than I like him with Doc. But, at this point, I know they are forever chained together, so...whatever there.

I still love Steve/Kayla, what can I say...

• Members

SOD definitely got Worst Story right, should have also labeled it as “worst & unnecessary story” as well. What a big waste of time of pushing such a terrible retcon enough to cause Y&R to temporarily get bumped to #2. Sheesh 

B&B definitely has been the worst soap of the year there’s no hope for Thudley. 

Progress beyond the endless repetitive triangles would be a start. Stuff like falling into a vat of acid, faking a fatal illness, and talking to/making out with a mannequin is just silly trashy shock value to cover up in vain how bad the show is. Wait, the cover up is even worse!

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Write it like a primetime show and old school soap. There should be a mix of comedy and drama with lots of sex appeal. Gay, lesbian and bisexual characters should be the norm. Where are the vixens at? I’d bring them back. Also more modern stories instead of just a bunch of repetitive triangles. B&B is in LA and has no business being as bland as it is. Especially when they have the characters both on and off screen to tell modern stories.