SOD Best and Worst of 2020

• Members

Yes.  I think their storylines are repetitive and I know they aren't everyone's cup of tea.  But I truly believe they are  most romantic, "I would die for you", soulmate, endgame couple on soaps right now.  I am struggling to think of any couples this year that really wowed me any age, on any soap.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

When I watch, I just think, this show has no budget, and this might be the best they can do, with the same rotating cast, sets, etc. But I can’t help but wonder... I just wish BB would step ahead and let someone else take the reins, but that’s not likely.

• Members

Up until maybe a year ago I felt the show still looked great. Ed Scott brought a real primetime feel to it and I liked the regular location shooting. Now you don’t really have that and the sets seem smaller. Still, I could put up with that if they had better writing. Everything is just so G rated on both of the CBS soaps. No drama, nothing that could cause the hint of controversy, no mysteries. It’s weird that these shows were more progressive 20 years ago than now. 

• Members

“Worst Wedding: Eric & Nicole”

Other than it being in the Brady Pub and a really lousy generic light rock song with embarrassing lyrics that sounded like it was from 2003 was it really the worst? I mean Sami returning livened up the whole event tbh, just like Vivian was the highlight of Eli & Lani’s wedding. I suppose they can justify Eric & Nicole’s wedding might have been shorter than Mike & Jennifer’s 6-week marriage on ATWT but still. 

My pick would be Ridge & Shauna’s Vegas wedding as “Worst Wedding” on B&B, now THAT was embarrassing.

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Nik/Ava or Ciara/Ben on Days were the only 2 couples that I could think of this year that had any sort of buzz.  But if SOD was going for a steady veteran couple they have like the Days vets, Carson on GH and that's it lol.  Did Victor/Nikki break up at all this year?  I don't watch Y&R anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Same.

I would agree with you re: Eric&Nicole wedding, but I'm not finished with it. lol.

That said...now reading it, of the four weddings that DAYS and RC mentioned about (Justin/Kayla, Lani/Eli, Ben/Ciara) happening in July, that was the weakest of the four. Since the other three did get attention and action and drama. If anything, they deserve the church just for the fact that they have been going on (and off) since 1998. I still liked it, but the writers at SOD were emphasizing that fact. Yes, Ciara/Ben got buzz, but they have NOT been around for decades for them to be getting the church.

They had maybe a disagreement according to the underused couple label they got last year, but they did not break up for once.