LATEST RATINGS: August 24-28, 2020

Toups

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

CBS would do well when Coronavirus is over - to reduce Y&R back to 1/2 hour and have another 1/2 hour of Price is Right, or cancel B&B on air here in the U.S. and just stream, and have 2 hours of Price is Right.  The Talk is stinking now as well in ratings.  Makes me laugh as a GL and World Turns Fan when I used to post that it was a mistake to cancel them instead of trying to fix them and give them a little money/budget - and people actually said CBS Daytime will be stronger than ever with Let's Make a Deal and just 2 soaps.  Well now you see.  Bring on 2 hours of Price is Right and say goodbye to B&B - let foreign countries air it live, put it on stream here in the U.S. - and Y&R I don't even know what to say.  How the mighty have fallen completely and they've done nothing about it.  It's like they want it to die.  And I wouldn't be cheering if I were GH or DAYS - the numbers are terrible.  You're well below ratings for alot of shows that were cancelled within 10 years ago.  And I know primetime on major networks aren't doing great either - but they're not going to continue to pay all that budget for no output.  They'll air more local news rather than squabble over 200,000 women 25-54 or 18-49 or whatever.  

• Members

10 years later though, so... :::shrug::: 

That said, yes, Y&R is in trouble. Granted, there was clearly preemptions on Monday, but to be down over a million from the previous year is alarming. Both Y&R and B&B in a COVID world are such sleepy, uneventful shows. Watching B&B is like watching life through the Upside Down world in Stranger Things.  It's a bizarre deserted feeling. 

• Members

B&B doesn't have Y&R to lean on anymore.  The show was so boring for over a year, and was the Adam show for 8 months that everyone left.  It started before COVID.  They're not coming back.  CBS "Daytime" better figure out a strategy because they're done.  NBC must be sad that they renewed, and ABC for GH as well.  YAY!  We have 50,000 viewers.  That's where it's going.  People were stuck at home and didn't watch any of these shows.  NBC even tried promoting DAYS and no one watched.  The only reason they rose is because everyone else had re-runs on.  You could put Three's Company and Laverne and Shirley and Golden Girls re-runs on and it would beat these ratings.  

• Members

Y&R's numbers are rank. CBS should throw the same days Y&R on after Big Brother to get some promo going for the show.

Speaking of which, when CBS primetime numbers are comparable to daytime, which is the case right now, I don't imagine the execs are all that concerned given that daytime is 4 shows, while primetime is a slew that aren't performing.

• Errol unpinned this topic