RIP: In Memoriam Thread

• Members

Sutherland’s body of work is similar to Stockard Channing’s in the aspects that both have very distinctive features but somehow manage to morph into roles and create characters that are so distinct, you won’t even recognize them from one role to the next. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

https://www.vulture.com/article/remembrance-donald-sutherland-obituary-1935.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/06/20/movies/donald-sutherland-movies.html

@Faulkner Thanks for the Gould article. Unlike Sutherland, Gould often seems forgotten today, aside from occasionally popping up somewhere like SNL. I hope more people appreciate him while he's here. 

I did not know Sutherland had a falling out with Altman that was never repaired. I guess that explains why they never worked together again - I don't really see him as an Altman-type actor anyway, but I'm sure he would have slotted in somewhere in Nashville or Short Cuts.

• Members

A one-hit wonder, but the song's chorus is one of those I randomly remember every now and again and it instantly takes me back to a certain, more innocent time being 11 years old when it came out.

Shifty Shellshock, Crazy Town Frontman and ‘Butterfly’ Singer, Dies at 49

Edited by Bright Eyes