RIP: In Memoriam Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

And, she played a character named Phyllis Corrigan on The Doctors, in 1970, so she was in 4 different soaps!! That's from a very reliable poster on my soap group who is a current fan of The Doctors. Yes, bitd the New York soap scene was full of character actors who also trod the boards!!! I'm trying not to be too silly over her death. She was 93 & it was natural causes. And, she had an incredible life! I just really loved & appreciated her work. 

• Members

Former US Secretary of State Henry Kissinger dies aged 100

That was BBC's take.

Here's another take ...
Screenshot of headline:

Please register in order to view this content

article:
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/henry-kissinger-war-criminal-dead-1234804748/

Edited by janea4old

• Members

A large faction of my family would agree more with the take presented in Rolling Stone. There are definitely people who lived in Latin America and the Caribbean, as my family did/do who saw the policies of the U.S. via Kissinger as undermining, if not ruining aspirations of sovereignty and self-rule for many nations in the region.

• Members

The Pogues, Kissinger and Rosalynn. What a week.

I always go back to Fairytale of New York around this time in the last few very hard years for us all, but especially to the melancholy Bill Murray/Jenny Lewis/David Johansen, etc. version from Sofia Coppola's Netflix Christmas special. But I'll save that for a few weeks.