RIP: In Memoriam Thread

• Members

The 2023 edition of TCM Remembers is now up. Soaps-wise, it includes Sharon Farrell and Shirley Ann Field. (Also includes some expected big names, i.e. Matthew Perry, André Braugher, and Tina Turner, to name just a few more.) Set to a cover of the Tom Petty song, "Learning To Fly"; the artist covering it is Christina Perri:

Edited by Wendy

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

DAYS OF OUR LIVES today, In Loving Memory screen for Phil Sogard, a director of GH under Gloria Monty, and with DAYS since the 1990s. 

Talked to Scott McKinsey, director at DAYS, and he confirmed his passing & that his service is being held this weekend. 

Then found this which looks similar to Legacy.com 

https://eternalhonoring.com/phil-sogard-obituary-a-legacy-in-the-world-of-film-and-television/

He passed today, 12-22, at the age of 90.         

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Donna L. Bridges

• Members

"snbc13.com" is not a news site.  It's a fake site.
More on them here:
https://www.npr.org/2023/04/14/1168389685/what-could-make-a-hoax-call-reporting-a-school-shooting-worse-social-media

That's not an actual obituary.  It's a copy/paste from imdb or wiki of his work history, with some generic sentences thrown in, maybe via a.i. or just someone filling out a form.

When googling Sogard this morning, I found a bunch of fake obits all structured the same way.

Phrases in their fake article that show that it's fake news that could be written about any celebrity:

"has allegedly passed away. He was announced dead on Twitter today"

"What happened? Learn more about Phil Sogard obituary and death."

"The circumstances surrounding the cause of Phil Sogard's death have not been made known to the public at the time of this publication. However, his fans have confirmed the heartbreaking news. Thoughts and prayers are with his family during this difficult time."

"The family will release an obituary and funeral arrangements for Phil Sogard."

_______
I have seen fake obits of other people that were very similar.

Edited by janea4old