It’s a miracle: Characters who had gave late in life births

• Members

It’s funny for all the talk about SOARS which characters ended up giving birth rather late in life or more to the point even getting pregnant when they should be beyond menopause. I feel like a lot of soaps have had one, most notably I’d say a post-menopausal Reva on GL having a baby or Rachel & Carl on AW having twins. 

Who else has had this happen? I know I found it odd Marlena was pregnant was in 2005 with Roman’s kid too, anything else strange like that?

Edited by soapfan770

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Definitely Marlena lol.  I mean DH looked great in 2005, but we are supposed to believe she got pregnant at like 55 by fellow geriatric Roman by having sex 1 time lol?

Wasn't Carly's pregnancy late in life recently on Gh?  I mean I am not exactly sure about how old Carly is but I assume mid to late 40's and they made a big deal out of it that eventually amount to nothing.

• Members

Yeah what exactly was the point of Carly having a baby?  It makes no sense.

And Marlena’s pregnancy was absolutely stupid.

Imagine instead someone like Carrie has a medical crisis, and they save some of her eggs before she is forced to have a hysterectomy.  Sami is already in one of her pregnancies and kind of rubbing it Carrie’s face.  She is heartbroken, and then Marlena agrees to undergo fertility treatments so she can carry the baby for Carrie and Austin.  And that causes strife with Kate, John, Belle, certainly with Sami, and health issues while carrying to term for Marlena.  And then even after the baby is born, she feels a possessiveness that begins to upset Carrie.  All human, real drama involving characters we love and providing years of storytelling opportunities.  And it makes more sense than the story that did happen.

• Members

Darlene Conley was born in 1934. CJ was born on screen in 1991. So Darlene was 56/57 during the pregnancy storyline. Macy was introduced in 1989 as a recent college graduate so if Sally had a 24 year old daughter in 1991, it's reasonable that Sally was mid-to-late 40s then even though I don't think Sally's age was established.

Edited by kalbir

• Members

Carly giving birth to another one of Sonny's spawns makes no sense.  Considering he had two kids after he told Brenda in 2011 he was done lol.  Oh Sonny....I am pretty sure it's one of GH's many ways to let us know #Carson4life.

Marlena's pregnancy with Roman was a story no one asked for.  I think Belle was already considered a sorta late in life pregnancy.  I remember some conversation about this.  I would have bought any other story  Even another kid with John.  But random Roman pregnancy when JT and DH have anti-chemistry?  No thanks.  Plus it led to Alex North and a complete waste of Wayne Northrop which I am still bitter about.

• Members

Who knows? Lyla's age was messed up from the beginning. I keep forgetting that she and Bob were once engaged because they looked to be in completely different age groups, yet Bob sometimes did date younger before he married Kim.  People were constantly remarking on how she didn't look old enough to have children Margo and Craig's ages (not to mention Cricket, right?).  Craig once complained that Casey was younger than him when he first found out about Casey and Lyla.

Physically, Lyla looked as if she really should have had a kid just in Andy and Paul's age group but props to Anne Sward for pulling it off. She really had convincing mother/child bonds with HBS/Margo and Scott Bryce/Craig and somehow, it was only when she went into labor that I began to think about the possible risk factor of her pregnancy with Katie, and even then, it was more about Casey's disability and Lyla possibly being without him in delivery than her age or the factor of something going wrong with her.

So, in other words, age didn't really exist for Lyla, lol.

Edited by DramatistDreamer