Soap Moments You Wish You Could Have Witnessed

• Members

That would be interesting.  She brought on the rounded hub nurses station and hallways off of it didn’t she?

I know this is in no way a possibility- but wouldn’t it be interesting to see her shows and the ones she threw out and re-taped the scripts?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don't know much about the story sequence for WTHI, so the final episode which would give way to Y&R seems like a good place to start!

Please register in order to view this content

I watched (what I believe) is the only surviving episode of OLTL with Gillian Spencer as Viki and Nicki at UCLA a few months ago. They played an eerie theme when Viki closes her eyes and becomes Nicki. It also seemed that everyone knew about Nicki to some degree. Gillian Spencer was much more fragile and icy than Erika Slezak's Viki.

• Members

How fascinating.  Because feom

what I have seen of her on ATWT and AMC, she was much less icy and uptight than the Viki that Slezak was playing by the 1980’s on.

I loved her as Daisy.  She was a pretty good script writer if I remember correctly!

• Members

I wish I could've witnessed the Jonah Lockwood arc on EON. Seeing as this story played around the time of Manson murders and the actor somewhat having that similar look, it must've been scary to see in real time. 

AW: The Sven arc. From reading "Eight Years in Another World," this story seemed to be ahead of its time. I would love to see the scene where Dennis and Jamie finding the remains in the boathouse. 

SFT: Jennifer Pace falling through the glass door. I've heard many people rave about how good it was, and I wanna see it. 

• Members

She was rather icy (gathered, composed) in the episode I watched at Paley, as well. There's some not-so-great audio of her Niki on YouTube, but even that little bit is a treasure for those of us who never got the chance to see her. She seems to be affecting sort of a Bronx accent which is fun and not at all what I'd expected. I would love to see more of Gillian in those first years.

I'd also love to see a scene Erika Slezak described in an interview... Viki was ill and bedridden while Dorian gave a glamorous party downstairs at Llanfair. Dorian unveiled a portrait of herself above the mantle, hanging in place of Eugenia's. Much to the surprise of the guests and to the chagrin of Dorian, Viki makes a breathtaking entrance to the party descending the Llanfair staircase in a flowing white gown, stealing Dorian's show.

• Members

Elly Jo's death on EON. 

Nicole being stalked by two people on EON, specifically the episode where one stalker kills the other. 

Kit Vested killing Tracy Delmar on GL

Rosemary Prinz ad-libbing an oblique reference to JFK's assassination on ATWT

Roger singing and playing guitar on GL

The Clara/Carla reveal on OLTL

Phil and Tara "marrying" before he left for Vietnam, AMC 

Ruth's anti-Vietnam speech, AMC 

Kathy's death, GL 

Beverlee McKinsey as Emma Ordway, AW 

Missy's death, AW 

Margie Impert as Rachel, AW 

• Members

AW- Robin Strasser’s run as Rachel, Jackee’s and Howard Rollins’ debuts. 

OLTL - Gillian Spencer’s run as Viki, Dixie Carter as Dorian

Days- Any of the 60s & 70s stuff, Catherine  Mary Stuart as Kayla and the first Brady/Horton pairing (Kayla/David), Neil & Maggie’s affair. 

Generations - The entire run. 

Edited by Dr Neil Curtis

• Members

Watching the likes of Bill Bell, Agnes Nixon and Claire Labine launching their own soaps was thrilling. Not to mention the miraculous turnaround of GH under Gloria Monty and Douglas Marland, Harding Lemay's AW, Henry Slesar at the top of the game on TEON, etc.