Ratings Report for the Week of March 23-27, 2020

• Administrator
The Young and the Restless

Ratings Report for the Week of March 23-27, 2020 NOTE: Please do not copy and paste the entire ratings. Thank you. Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings (Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year) Total Viewers 1. Y&R 4,213,000 (+768,000/-195,000) 2. B&B 3,660,000 (+40,000/+248,000) 3. GH 2,574,000 (+103,000/+286,000) 4. DAYS 2,241,000 (+152,000/+134,000) Households 1.…

The post Ratings Report for the Week of March 23-27, 2020 appeared first on Soap Opera Network.

Read More

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

These numbers should tell execs the maximum audience these shows can hope to attain.  Even as more parts of the country are forced to stay at home, I don't think Days can ever attract more than 2.3 million viewers.  Former viewers know better; it's a low budget sh_t show.  Y&R is the tragedy.  So many loyal former viewers want to return because the show is at least some recognizable shadow of itself.  But with CBS execs forcing the show to write by incompetent committee with depressive Griffith at the helm, don't expect those recently returned viewers to stick around. GH is really in the same boat as Days; former viewers know that head writers Drummer, Varni and Valentini will beat the dead Soprano horse. As long as Carly, Sonny, Jason are at the top of the pyramid former viewers won't return and stick with it (even though parts of the show have been slightly better under O'Connor/Van Etten). B&B is always the same: botox actresses pretending to cry. Either you love watching wax museum characters in action or you don't.

• Members

There's nothing about current Y&R that would at all attract lapsed viewers. Same for GH.

Personally DAYS has the best chance, regardless of what any of us think about the quality. I see it on social media. Folks who haven't watched in over a decade turn it on and see John and Marlena and a slew of familiar faces still on the screen. Good stories? No. But they also aren't going to go into reruns anytime soon.

• Members

I'd have to go back and look, but I don't recall B&B "stans" bragging?...Some offered congrats, some were baffled.  It's not a pissing contest....at least not for me.

Congrats Y&R for reclaiming #1!

Edited by clubkidjeff

• Members

Ratings go up, ratings go down, that's the reality for soaps and has been for years. At the risk of attracting ire from the diehards, I'm not sure how anyone stans any of these remaining shows over the last 15 years. Most have been hollowed out from their best days, which are way in the past. It's wonderful that some people can find things to enjoy about these shows, even in their present condition but either way, the state of the industry is nothing for anyone to crow about. JMO as a now casual observer.

Please register in order to view this content