What is your daytime lineup?

• Members

This topic has been done many times but has it changed? 

9am: Nothing

10am: The View

11am: Rachel Ray

12 noon: The Price Is Right

1pm: Days(only once a week unless Chandler is on more that week or the soap is boring like [!@#$%^&*])

2pm; The Kelly Clarkson Show

3pm: Dr. Phil

4pm: Judge Judy

Edited by Soapsuds

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

My daytime lineup is work, work and more work. Thank God for DVR.

But on days that I'm off from work it's usually

9 AM: Maury

10 AM: Rerun of Murder She Wrote

11 AM: Price is Right

12 PM: DAYS

1 PM: Nothing

1:30 PM: B&B

2 PM: Reading or finding something to watch

3 PM: GH

• Members

Oh gosh, it's so funny I swear the episode "Murder in the Afternoon" was written by an angry SFT fan. The specifics around the fictitious soap opera "Our Secret Lives" sounds too coincidental at the time right down  to Our Secret Lives using the same font for their logo as SFT

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

I literally do not watch ANYTHING live, as it is being broadcast, on commercial television anymore. About 19 minutes out of every hour is packed with advertisements, and I just cannot stand it. I watch TV during the day, but it's always stuff I have recorded previously, or shows/films on DVD or on Netflix. 

This so different than decades past. In the 1970s, for example, I watched soaps "live" from 11:30 AM to 4:30 PM. Even back then, with far fewer commercials, I still kept a book, the newspaper, or crossword puzzles handy.

• Members

It's a Season 2 episode from 1985 involving Jesscia's niece. The 80's episodes were indeed much better, it's funny the series was still a top 10 program as late as 1993/1994 but no one claimed to watch it. The first Murder She Wrote TV movie South By Southwest bombed badly airing against the X-Files Season 5 premiere. 

• Members

All of them.

Seriously, LOL. I was an insanely addicted soap opera fiend. The shows I did not watch live, I recorded onto audiotapes in other rooms of the house and then listened to them in the evening.

I literally followed all of the shows in the 1970s, but it was... exhausting. When the sci-fi crap hit daytime in the 1980s, I was relieved that I lost interest in many of the poorer-written soaps, and could drop them. (Or, at least watch/record them a lot less often.)