• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Here are some upcoming spoilers from SID:

Billy will decide to face his demons head on and Victoria will be determined to help him., Michael will confront Adam, Phyllis will surprise Nick, and Chelsea will set a few boundaries. Devon will also receive a special delivery.

Also, Jack and Sharon will end up at the same desert retreat hoping to hit the reset button. Jack is looking to examine why his past relationships have been unsuccessful while Sharon is looking for a fresh start after her recent drama involving Adam. Jack and Sharon will literally bump into each other at the front desk. Josh says that they have shared a warm relationship and running into each other will be a pleasant surprise.

While they sit down to talk Jack will insist that he's not going through any personal crisis but wants to take stock of his life and figure out the next step. Sharon will get Jack to admit that in spite of his professional success in the business world, he doesn't feel as fullfilled as he would like to be personally. The situation with Dina has given him insight into his childhood and he will feel like John's workaholic nature pushed his mother into the arms of other men. Jack and Sharon will confide in each other about their relationship failures.

The magazine will say they can be candid with each other because they are far from home and away from drama in their lives. It will mention that they are in different but also the same place in their lives. It also asks could their individual desires could lead them into a relationship they wouldn't have imagined they got into before they left town. Josh says that their trip will be rewarding for them in multiple ways and strengthen the close bond they have. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

I wonder if they will end up trying to revisit Sharon/Jack or if this trip will just strengthen their friendship. I really like Jack and Sharon individually, but I would prefer if they weren't revisited romantically. It seems like the show doesn't really know what to do with Jack. They teased something with him and Lauren and then dropped it. And now it looks like they might do something with him and Sharon. Maybe. I had read that Eva would be back taping some more scenes so maybe her and Jack will cross paths again and they will ultimately go in that direction with him.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Griffith did write for Jack/Sharon in 08

Griffith clearly doesn't know what to do with Sharon either, he consummated her with Rey, built her up with Adam, previewed her with Rey again, and might flirt her and Jack again.  Truth be told, he doesn't seem to know what to do with any of his stories!

• Members

I agree. Josh does seem lost with a lot of the stories in general. I think that is one big reason why many of the stories aren't interesting and aren't "soapy." And I did read not too long ago too that they were hinting that she would get back with Rey. And in this week's episodes, it seemed they were headed that direction, with her acting upset about him talking to other women, them kissing (though they were drugged) and Rey wanted to get justice for her by catching the person who drugged her. And now they might do Sharon/Jack again.... Plus, I also heard that they might revisit a Summer/Kyle/Lola triangle.

I wonder how much of this may have to do with Angelica having too much influence over the storytelling and that messing things up. I did see a post of her on social media not too long ago. that looked like her receiving an envelope with story outlines. I think she had too much influence over the stories and that was messing with things. Now that's she's gone maybe Josh will feel more free to do what he wants writing wise. Though, I also think he is just struggling in general and a lot of what he is writing isn't good. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

During Josh's previous writing stint with Y&R, I remember he claimed that he was going to strengthen and build up Sharon (who had been debased by the previous regime) and surround it with a love story in the middle (which sounded dubious to begin with) and it turned out to be one gigantic mess.

He's never known how to write Sharon.  She's botched many things but one can't blame Angelica McD for everything. 

• Members

I think that as far as a romantic pairing goes putting him with Celeste could work. I think they could fit each other and that they would look good together. And though, I might be in the minority with this, I also wouldn't mind them revisiting him and Phyllis. I never really cared much for Jack/Sharon as a couple. I never saw really any chemistry between them romantically. 

• Members

IA.  Hell, I'd be down with bringing on Taylor Miller as a Patty recast, if it meant sparing us Jack/Sharon again.  That [!@#$%^&*] never worked.

Amen.  She wasn't at NBC when he was at DAYS, and he made a mess out of that show, too.

• Members

Josh is struggling quite a bit with the writing and I think he does also bear a lot of responsibility for what is going on with the show. Angelica pushed the Rosales on the show, but Josh didn't have to write Kyle/Lola digging through trash and getting pasta sauce on their clothes. A lot of the stories right now are a like a flat soft drink and I think that a lot of that has to do with the writing in general not being good.

The stuff with Kyle/Theo's secret/Zoe has been pretty boring. The stuff with the Grand Phoenix Hotel is boring. The show has been teasing stuff with Chance possibly returning on and off. Phyllis isn't doing much of anything substantial. Adam is kind of all over the place and could be grounded more. (Like make it more clear who he wants to be with romantically. He's seemed both interested in Sharon and Chelsea, but both women have rejected him. If they won't put him with one of them, then they should move him on with someone else). Elena should be developed more, etc.... I do think that a lot of these problems have to do with the writing. And that could help explain why a lot of stories are uninteresting/not having much of a direction to them. 

Edited by xtr