LATEST RATINGS: July 22-26, 2019

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Y&R dropping by big numbers in Total Viewers and HH. Falling to number #2 in two demos..... New lows all over the place and 2.5 and 2.6s in HH ratings numbers....lol

The firing of jobs needs to begin.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I do wonder how much of this drop can be attributed to the Directv blackout which began the week of the 20th. And I heard from fans who have that provider that their dispute with CBS has been resolved and a lot of people have now gotten CBS back.

None the less this show is still focusing way too much on Adam, Nick, Chelsea and Kyle and Lola. All of these characters get too much airtime and their storylines aren't very interesting. 

• Members

I haven't commented in awhile about the ratings. They really are terrible but I guess it's all relative because the Primetime ratings are terrible too. Nonetheless, I have been consistently watching B&B, DAYS and Y&R. I haven't watched a full episode of GH in over a year. I honestly don't hate Y&R but I do find my interest in it waning a bit. I thought the climax of the B&B story last week was awesome and I hope they get a big boost from it. DAYS by far is the most consistent for me. It makes me laugh and I find it entertaining. GH lost me a long time ago. The show is all over the place and has way too many characters and new faces I don't recognize.

Edited by skiman12082004
Typo

• Members

Yeah, it really is a lot of poorly written storylines, with focuses on characters that a lot of people don't care for. Like Lola and Chelsea.  I think that Jason Thompson is doing decent work with his storyline, but I can understand why people don't want to see the Delia stuff rehashed all over again. And I'm not sure where Josh is going with this storyline. I've seen people speculate he's losing his mind or Chloe is gaslighting him. I'm not sure what it is. But a lot of people aren't liking that and the other storylines on right now. 

I've seen several people say they've abandoned ship because they just can't take Lola and the propping of her and Kyle any longer. Lola and Kyle are getting a lot of negative reaction at least on online on places like Twitter from different fanbases. A lot of the fanbases of the younger characters feel those characters are being cheated out of storyline because of Kyle/Lola. And have been reduced to propping them. Which I believe is true.

There were a lot of negative comments underneath this tweet by various fanbases when the show asked people to RT to support Kyle/Lola:

Here is a couple of reactions to that post:

People are getting so tired of Lola and this couple. The show  really needs better writing and more balance. People are tired of the boring and poorly written storylines featuring unlikeable and/or overexposed characters. 

• Members

They are so boring and they drag down the rest of the young people. Hardly any of the young people have much of a storyline, because everything in that set is centered around Lola.  And they keep throwing storylines at her and it's not working. Making Theo a troublemaker who wants to break up her and Kyle's relationship isn't working. And I think it's taking away from Theo who I believe could have been a more interesting character if he had his own storyline. (Even though I do like Theo).

Or at least a separate one with Summer away from Kyle and Lola. Now they have this secret from Kyle's which may not end up being good. And they will probably throw Papa Rosales into the mix. I wish they would focus on the other people in the young set more and stop focusing so much on Lola. I don't think she or her and Kyle as a couple can really carry a storyline on their own. They are too boring. I do believe Kyle could carry one away from her, he's done it before. 

And I think is kind of funny. Another post that was underneath that Y&R twitter post about, Kyle and Lola. Fans like the Tessa/Mariah fans are also getting tired of her. And a while back a lot those fans actually liked her, but they are turning against her. Even some of her own fans are turning against her now.

• Members

Griffith/Morina aren't the problem. Why don't they ever fire Steve Kent and McDaniel. They're the two responsible for hiring these hacks and has been friends.

Sally McDonald should be in charge as EP.

LOL. They should have dumped Lola, kept Mia and revealed that Kyle is bi and had a fling with his recently returned buddy.

• Members

THe DTV blackout ended, but, 3MM DISH customers also lost CBS in several markets. When both were out, it was peak of 6.5MM homes. So I wouldn't be surprised if these drops are tied to that. No word on when DISH and CBS will come to an agreement. 

I do wonder how many viewers ended up streaming on CBS.com or CAA, which is what CBS wants.