Days: July 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

I'll never understand the hate [!@#$%^&*] Julie Olson Williams gets. I adore this woman! I love her hatred of Gabi and she had every right to be pissed they were boning in her office. We have a problem when fans don't like Julie. I think it's the writing for her and sometimes as well as how SSH plays it, unfortunately.

And for those wondering about the cuts? Albert Alarr and Ken Corday are both problems. My guess is Albert Alarr. 

Anyone else sick of Hope? Lawd. On every day for no damn reason. Corday's fascination with her knows no end. I really miss when I liked Hope. It's been SO long for me. And how absolutely disgusting Rope are referred to in the same sentence as Jack and Jennifer. Rafe is NOT Bo, DAYS. I also thought it was crap they didn't have Hope say she misses Bo when with Victor during Caroline's memorial. She barely utters his name. It's bizarre. We have to stop not mentioning someone because fans get in a tither that they're coming back. It's refreshing when I see Kate on the phone with Austin or Jennifer talking to Abby. I don't need it constantly but it helps, A LOT.

Edited by KMan101

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don't even hate Gabi (though she tests my patience every so often and I think Camila can be annoying and grating at times in portraying Gabi) but Julie has every right to hate Gabi and I will always be here for it. Higley and Tomsell wrote Julie terribly. I get why some fans can't stand her. But I adore her and always will! I'm so glad the show finally recognized a few years back that Doug and Julie should be the Tom and Alice anchors. Though Marlena's more Alice's successor at this point, everyone turns to Marlena like they did Alice (some would argue Maggie, but she's been lost as a character for about 10 years now and could be used so much better). It's still insulting the show has "no room" for Marie, Bill, Laura, Mike, Jeremy, Lucas etc. .... the current canvas is a bit stale. We just keep recycling the same returns year after year.

And, unfortunately, losing anchors like Mickey, Alice, Shawn, Caroline, Bo ... have all hurt the show. Of course many of them obviously couldn't be avoided but I feel such a hole in the heart of the show. It's just not the same. It's why I've always pushed for Marie, Bill, etc. to be used. Doug and Julie aren't used nearly enough but I appreciate when they are. It's better than having them shipped off on cruises while Hope and their family were going through crisis after crisis.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I actually like Gabi a lot more this year than last year. The constant moaning about not being able to have more children got so annoying after a while. She’s a lot tougher this year and I hope Ron doesn’t screw up the story and have her fall in love with Stefan before she gets revenge on him. I won’t hold my breath though lol.

As for your second point, you’re absolutely correct. The show needs to bring back more Hortons, especially Marie (who’s the only surviving actor and character from the first episode). They should really keep her on recurring status or something.