The Batman

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Administrator

Hell yes! The teaser looks like it could be in the same world as Joaquin's Joker.   According to Matt Reeves, it's Batman in year two.  “It’s not an origins tale, but you’re meeting him in the early days. A lot of the other (cinema) stories showed he had to master his fear and himself, to become Batman........we met in the middle of this criminological experiment and watch him make mistakes.”  “He’s not having any of the effect that he want to have, that’s when the murders begin to happen."

• 1 year later...
  • Members

New trailer - still not sure the world needs another damn Batman movie at this stage, but good trailer nonetheless.

March should be an interesting month with this coming out and then Marvel’s Doctor Strange In The Multiverse of Madness coming out a few weeks later. Though, I fully expect Marvel to kick DC’s ass at the box office as usual.

• Administrator

The last real Batman movie was in 2012, but I get what you're saying.  LOL   I could watch a new Batman movie every couple of years.

Please register in order to view this content

Everything about this new movie looks good.  Most excited to see Paul Dano's Riddler. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Administrator

This movie was incredible!  It definitely wasn't a "superhero film".....it was basically a crime/mystery film with Batman in it.  Loved the dark, suspenseful and creepy mood/tone of the movie. 

Favourite scenes:

Please register in order to view this content

Michael Giacchino is one of my favourite composers and he did not disappoint. 

I could really see it getting Oscar nominations next year for: Best Picture, Best Director, Best Supporting Actor (Paul Dano), Best Original Score, Best Cinematography, Best Production Design, Best Sound.  It was definitely worth it to see the movie in IMAX just for the technical stuff.

• Members

I thought it was well-crafted from a technical standpoint, but way too long for what it should have been and could have been better edited. There were structural issues with plotting and pacing that I couldn't get over while watching it. Also, I can't say I was blown away by most of the casting - no one was bad, and Pattinson actually did a believable enough job, but I generally found the cast to be pretty by the numbers. It was more of a film noir mystery, but sadly, the actual mystery was pretty straightforward to me (and I didn't read any spoilers) and I was never left on the edge of my seating guessing. 

The cinematography is amazing though.