LATEST RATINGS; April 22-26, 2019

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Decent bump for Y&R for the KSJ tribute week, but odd that ratings trailed off for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, which were the day Genoa City discovered Neil’s death, the day of the funeral, and the gathering at Devon’s apartment. Monday is traditionally a big viewing day, but still.

• Members

Thanks for posting these ratings Toups. It looks like the show did get a nice boost this week from episodes centering around Neil and the Winters family.

Edited by xtr

• Members

I thought Y&R would get bigger gains too. I wonder how many watched later (after work/on the weekend) that isn't reflected in the Live number. 

DAYS needs a complete overhaul starting with a five month "dark period" to end this stupid taping schedule where they can't change things that aren't working until it's too late. Take the five months to come up with an actual PLAN/STRATEGY moving forward instead of what seems to be throwing things at the ceiling to see what sticks (and finding that out six months later!) 

I'd start with trimming the cast and refocusing on "core families".  I'm bored with the Kiriakis and DiMera families. I'd refocus on the Brady/Johnson and Horton clans. I'd also take the time to do a good search for the right actors to pair with Hope and Kate and give each a true romance instead of giving them the latest guy to turn bad.  

• Members

The use of Neil's death as a quasi-promotional tool may have turned a lot of viewers off. 

I watched online (delayed) and I wonder whether delayed viewing is automatically figured into the ratings or are they factored in at a later time?  Also, I admit that I didn't view through the cbs.com site, so my viewing probably won't count.

Also, there was a lot of public moaning of how difficult it was to watch those episodes so perhaps people stayed away, thinking it would be too much to bear.  People who watched a day ahead were on social media warning people of how sad and hard it was to watch, so that may have warded many viewers away, even though many claimed to have watched, or that they were going to watch.

• Members

I wonder how the special tribute episode rated. Monday's tend to be the highest rated day, so I would assume it would be the case when those ratings are revealed. 

What's true though is that Y&R has already squandered all the momentum form Neil's passing - most of those characters impacted have hardly been on since or barely have any substantial screen-time when they're on. 

I fully expect Josh Griffith and Anthony Morina to be fired by the end of this year. Their entire tenure so far feels like a temporary assignment with little in the way of actual storylines going on.

• Errol unpinned this topic