GH May 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

Alex never had much of a character, lol. Her becoming a villain is no stretch with her past even if GH's story is silly. I just wish they'd dropped in one line explaining that she's gone nuts - she's been in a sanitarium before due to her spy brainwashing, according to AMC.

Edited by Vee

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I watch clips occasionally. I think it's some sort of bizarre DVX spy experiment involving 'memory mapping' - the same process that later switched Jason and Drew's brains, lol.

On AMC, Alex had a long and stupid backstory re: how her (adoptive) mother (Samantha Eggar) led a rogue spy agency and had brainwashed Alex into posing and operating as the then-presumed-dead Anna to further their evil crimes. She had done a stint in a sanitarium because of her fractured psyche and struggled with memories of Anna, the sister she had forgotten or never knew, I can't remember which. I believe they were raised separately and were long-lost sisters, because Samantha Eggar stole baby Alex from their mother at birth. So Alex turning out years later to have gone nuts and resumed work as an evil spy is no stretch in my mind. I'd have done it myself. I just wish they'd given one line over to mentioning it on-camera. It was during Alex's original evil spy days, I believe, that she did the experiment with Anna (and presumably fucked Faison, birthing Peter).

More than you asked for, but there it is. I'm pretty sure GH would like us to believe this memory mapping silliness is also tied to what Irene Manning (yet another evil superspy mom) did with Todd and Victor's brains on OLTL, and that's fine, because it is basically the exact same story they reused for Jason and Drew.

• Members

Yes, Anna had a memory of Alex's implanted in her. The procedure was later perfected to make Drew think he was Jason. The experiment was only done on identical twins, and the side effects of it caused Alex/Anna, Ryan/Kevin, and Jason/Drew to go blind.

I really enjoyed the scene today where Stella gave her speech to Ryan in order to convince him to donate his kidney to Jordan. It has been the only bright spot in this dull Jordan needs a kidney storyline.

Edited by SamandWillowFan