Y&R May Sweeps

• Members

yeah, the one now. I just google'd and the recast is very handsome, but I like the one now. Oh well.

as for the triangle it was never happening, and became a complete joke when Summer became obsessed w/ Kyle. It worked better with Summer being Kyle's "dream girl" and Summer not giving an eff. And Lola's still boring af. I would have liked her character a lot more if he dumped Kyle and washed her hands of him after what he did to Summer. Her being all whateves and not caring about Summer makes her just like everyone else in Genoa City, as opposed to being someone with a moral compass/character. 

lmao, this guy looks like 90's Nick Newman. Why not just make him a Noah recast? So incetuos. 

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maybe this amnesia plot will give them a clean slate with Adam. He was so rapidly brought on and destroyed by 3 separate regimes. Just start from scratch if we must have him at all. The show clearly doesn't think the Newmans can survive without him (though they did fine for decades before he came on).

• Members

Every time I see the name "Theo," I think Theo Huxtable's coming to GC, which would be impossible on so many levels, lol.

Are we really supposed to believe Adam would never do something as underhanded as fake amnesia in order to get close to his loved ones again, only to pull the rug out from under them down the road?  C'mon son!

• Members

I do, too.  But, you know, this is all Y&R's fault.  There would be no need to bring back Adam if Victoria, Nick and Abby weren't such laughingstocks, thanks to their respective actors.  (My God, they've reduced Abby to handing out menus at Society!?).

• Members

OK  

This is what they need to do.

But I agree with Khan. Watch them say "whoops I'm faking hahaha fools!" but I hope not. 

Which is so bizarre! lol. You finally focus on his parents again but hey, no Fen. And when he's on, his parents are reduced to dayplayers. Makes no sense!

I don't get Josh's interest in the Baldwin's, but you can tell CLB is happy as a pig in [!@#$%^&*]. He's been posting tons of videos and pictures lately. 

Most of us would rather have Fen than Kevin. I get the cast likes Greg Rikaart. *I* like Greg Rikaart. But I was thrilled when Mal dumped Kevin. Sigh. I'd much rather have Fen, a virtual clean slate, really. It's bizarre how they ignore it because I see every day lots of folks asking for it ... but they also asked for Rowell and we know she's still blacklisted by Steve Kent so ... they hear us, they just ignore us.

• Members

The problem with Kyle now is Griffith has already ruined him and he's already back in the pattern of past Kyle's who sucked. Where's Kyle's ambition? He was obsessed with Jabot and business and now it's all about Lola's snatch. Enough. Griffith sucks. Lots of folks who were loving Kyle have now jumped ship.

• Members

I really do think it would be better if they did give Adam more of a clean slate. They can acknowledge his history, but they can use this recast to reset his character. On Monday's episode, he did say he didn't want to be the guy he heard he was. It would nice if he tried to be better than that guy.(And He could still could have a bit of an edge, but not be vile like he was in the past. ) But I also wonder if maybe his pretending to have amnesia. I hope not but it's possible. 

They really don't care about how a lot of fans feel. Many people have asked for things like Fen to return and for the Ana and the Hamilton-Winters to get more airtime/better storylines, but the show keeps ignoring us. They keep pushing their own favorites and agendas. (Hence why they are still heavily propping Lola).

I'm seeing a lot of people who were Kyle fans turn on him and say they hate him now. I'm still a fan but he is being written very poorly. He is back to the doing the same unhealthy things he was doing when he was with Lola the last time around. His ambition has gone out of the window. He's skipping out on important opportunities to socialize and help build his family's company's brand. And using time he should be doing that to hover around Lola at her job. It's ridiculous. I really disliked when he basically said the other day it didn't matter if he hung out with Theo and his guest more to build a stronger connection. He just didn't seem to care about going the extra step, or even giving a really adequate effort for his family's business. Summer cares more about the success of Jabot than he does. She's doing more work than he is to launch their new line.

Kyle also asked Lola this week for permission to go on the trip to NY with Summer. That is sad, but it's the same type of behavior he reverts to when he's with Lola. She really drags him down and makes him a shell of himself. He's back to caring about only her needs and no one else's including his own. Also, he is treating Summer really poorly. He is rubbing his affair with Lola in Summer's face and is coming across as mean and jerky. That goes against who he is as a character as well, because he's always cared about Summer and her well being. Even when she wanted Billy instead of him. He still acted like he cared for her and was there for her after her plan to get Billy blew up in her face. But she doesn't matter to him at all now that he's back with Lola. 

Lola is also dragging down Abby, who has been reduced to propping her, being her cheerleader and following her around. It was cringeworthy to see Abby practically beg Lola for the raunchy details of her and Kyle's first time together. I am a fan of Abby, but I have been complaining about her quite a bit these past couple of weeks, because of how she is written when she is around Lola. 

• Members

i was never a big fan of Kyle anyway, but I agree w/ this. I was partial to Summer being the "weakness" of this young, family-business-minded upstart Abbot, and the bones were def. there to build a believable Kyle/Summer romance, but it's all in the dumpster out back now. Especially with MS coming back. I honestly believe we are hurtling toward some sort of Phyl/Kyle/Summer/Billy quadrangle with Lola & Vic on the prerephrary... that's why they keep reminding us that Billy and Summer slept together... 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Ugh. That would be awful. I don't need to see Big Red pawing at Kyle ... Stafford likes them young right? I imagine she's already begging to be paired back with Morrow but why not go younger and hook her up with NuAdam or Kyle? Lawd ... and I'd rather no more Billy/Summer ... sigh

Archived