Another Y&R Exit

• Members

Glad that Noemi Gonzalez is out.  IMHO Mia was the most irritating of the Morales.  She (Mia) was a bitch, a liar, a manipulator,  a slut, and almost killed her sister-in-law. I think she's ok as an actress, but she and the rest of the Moraleses were featured way too much, and hopefully Jordi Vilasuso(the hypocritical bad cop Rey) is OUT next. 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The more I reflect on the Rosales family, the more I think of how they seem to parallel the Rappaports from OLTL in the late 1990's.  A terribly out-of-touch megalomaniac (then JFP; now MY) took a recurring character (then Sam; now Arturo) and built an overzealous, self-righteous, hypocritical family around said character.  During both family's reign of terror, veteran actors were dumped (then Laura Koffman, Robert Krimmer, etc.; now Doug Davidson) or pushed out (then Clint Ritchie; now Eileen Davidson and Mishael Morgan).  Oddly enough, the only Rappaport that was dynamic enough to drive story across the canvas was Lindsay, played by Catherine Hickland.  Personally, I feel that Noemi Gonzalez's Mia could have had the same fortune.  I would much rather see the characters of Rey or Lola be leaving Genoa City instead...

• Members

And there's nothing wrong with having a Latino family on Y&R (or any other show).  However, the Rosales' introduction was rushed and at the expense of another family (the Barber/Hamilton/Winters).  Ergo, I ain't all that sorry to see them vanish, or to imagine Angelica McD crying and lighting candles at the thought of her dream drying up like a raisin in the sun.

Because, having a pot-stirrer like Mia behave in such extreme ways before the audience has become emotionally invested in her paints her into a proverbial corner too quickly and guarantees a short shelf life.  You want to "love to hate" who Mia is and how she goes after what she wants -- which takes time and careful plotting -- and not just plain hate her.

For me, having Mia almost kill Lola, even if it was accidental (I think -- she thought Lola was Abby, right?), was the last straw.  It's like when Patty inadvertently caused Colleen's death.  You can't come back from that.  Not even if the victim (in this case, Lola) is someone you're not fond of either.

And even she got to be a bit much after awhile.

Archived