• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Even before I heard about this pregnancy storyline, I had a feeling that Mia wouldn't be long for the GC canvas, it was less about how it was done.  Building a family based on a weakly written character was always going to be a roll of the dice, on a show with a certain budget, some of these characters were destined to leave.

• Members

Y&R will always make room for the next white male character though. 

Had they truly cared about having Mia on the show long term, they would've made her a sustainable character capable of entering the scene on her own (a la Nina Webster) instead of 'glomming' her onto a marginal character who barely got interest to begin with.

I'd read about that.  I guess that could be it too, in terms of what sends her away.

• Members

They're getting rid of everyone too quickly.  I may not have liked marlands writing..but one rule he had was to not get rid of characters so quickly.

She could have been kept and tested with other characters since she was a Gonzales by marriage only.

• Members

I liked the Rosales family.  Arturo was actually my least favorite after the others were introduced.  It's an unpopular opinion but you have to move on to new families at some point or at least move on to descendants of the core families.  I can't take more years of Victor/Nikki and Victor vs. Jack and Victor finding new ways to torture people to protect the familehhhhhh.  I think a Latino family was a decent idea, given the popularity still of Soaps in the Hispanic community...the could have been introduced more slowly but, it is what it is.  I don't think jettisoning people left and right without exploring their chemistry more is a great idea. 

• Members

The biggest issue with the Rosales is that TPTB made the deliberate decision to replace Winters family with them. 

which doesn't make sense being that soaps are still very popular with the Black community. 

This isn't something I'm making up or assuming. I got this from folks who would know. And this came to me before KSJs death or Lily's incarceration. Note that the show continued on with that plan. Now they are just also downsizing rosales...for now. 

Angelica wants a Latino family on the show. The family was her baby. Mal was just trying to make her happy. 

Edited by ajsp35801