General Hospital August 2018 Discussion

• Members

I actually like Emme Rylan as Lulu, but I don't care one way or the other.  I would keep Haley Pullos.   I like her.  I would probably keep Felix, TJ, Joss, Ava, Michael, and Kiki off that list posted by @vetsoapfan.  I also don't mind Maxie, but I am a party of one being a Jen Lilley as Maxie fan.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Truth be told, I would be satisfied just to slice off the most revolting and abrasive characters: Sonny, Jason, Carly, Sam, Franco, Nina, Ava, Finn, Spinelli.

If we could axe those people permanently, I'm sure I could force myself to tolerate everyone else.

• Members

God.

So dumb.

They're just throwing things together and seeing what can stick.

Truth. Lots of folks need to be shown the door. But Frank just keeps adding and adding. And dropping other actors left and right or letting them leave. He sucks. (And people on The Twitter have no problem calling him out, but he continues to do the same [!@#$%^&*] - so we're not alone in despising what the show is becoming and who they're focusing the attention on). Unfortunately deVry and Howarth have RABID stans. I'm tired of stans dictating shows.

Not saying Ron was blameless, his GH became a disgusting hot mess and I cheered his firing, but Frank has clearly been the real problem. Same for Varni. Both have to go. But then again, it could also always get worse

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

A lot of Ron's final year at GH was interference by Varni and actors wanting to dictate stories

Varni is a mini Frons still is and thats why GH is so messed up

I like the teens if they gave them stories and not just be reactory to other stories

• Members

I think Josslyn and the new Cameron have a lot of potential, personally. I'm meh on Oscar. The actor seems nice and I like his laid back persona but I need a little more from him, lol.

I agree Varni is a Mini-Frons. He's awful and gets little attention in terms of how bad GH is. He and Frank are toxic for the show. I think Varni is more to blame, actually, but Frank sucks. Though like I said it could always get even worse so let's try canning Varni and see how Frank does without him. 

Ron's final year definitely had tons of interference. I also think he sort of gave up. It felt like he was forced to write for a lot of people and not what he wanted to write. I still have my issues with his writing but the problems really were from Frank and Varni.

lol yep.

I think a lot of it is Varni with some of it from Frank. Varni probably gets all hot and bothered hiring as many former soap actors as he can. I don't know that Frank cares as much as some think he does but I think he cares more than Varni. Not that Frank isn't also a problem.

• Members

The Ryan story was riveting, and was my favorite story featuring Felicia.  That is staying a lot, because although my family watched GH, I didn’t really start paying attention until Frisco pulled that hat off Felicia during her debut.  They were what made me watch because I wanted to, not just because it was on.

• Members

I almost had a fit, no lie. 

Please register in order to view this content

The show was so well written back then, and longtime viewers loved Steve and Audrey. I wonder if anybody in the audience will care about Ryan's upcoming victims?

• Members

The flashbacks bought back a piece of GH that hasn't been seen in a VERY LONG TIME.... I only wish we could get the original writers, producers and directors from the early 90's and bring the show back to the glory years. I remember all those scenes. I was in Elementary school and would watch it with my mom before I did my homework. The death scene is still creepy as hell. 

Archived