The Sensational Kate Winslet

OneLife Fan

• Members

I see from the replies for Best 10 Actresses there are lots of Kate Winslet fans. I started a thread on Kate on the old boards as well. So gotta have it again. Winslet is sensational. She turns in powerful and terrific performances in every thing she does. From her film debut in Heavenly Creatures(first starring role)...she had me hooked on her. Her sass and spunk in that movie was entertaining. Then came Sense and Sensibility ..in which she garnered her first Oscar nom for Supporting Actress. I loved her performance in Jude as well. Then came Titanic with her first Best Actress Oscar nom...very well deserved. She became the first youngest actress under the age of 25 to get 2 Oscars nominations. Hideous Kinky was another movie i enjoyed her in. Kate works well with children. In Iris she was so touching to me. Another awesome dramatic performance and another Oscar nom for Supporting Actress. This girl is on fire!! LOL!! Fast forward a few years..and more great performances in a number of movies..to Finding Neverland. Man..she broke my heart!! Pissed me off she was NOT nominated for that role. But at least she got a Best Actress nod for Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind. However this woman deserved two noms in my books. Supporting Actress should have been awarded to her for Finding Neverland. I have not seen Eternal Sunshine yet..but i will buy it soon. From what i am reading..sounds like our Kate will be up for another Academy Award nomination for one of the 2 movies she is realeasing this year. I at least hope so anyways. With 4 Oscar noms under the age of 35...Winslet is buring up with fire. She is a tremendous talent. Let's hope she finally nabs that Oscar soon. And when she does..i am gonna cry my eyes out from so much joy for her. Kate Winslet is phenomenal!!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I adore this woman. She is absolutely phenomenal. (And insanely beautiful - I think she is one of the most gorgeous actresses out there).

Her performance in Eternal Sunshine was fabulous - you will definitely enjoy it. (I still can't get over how good her American accents are).

I really want to see her in Romance & Cigarettes, but I think I missed it. (???)

• Members

She's terrific. She can act circles out of the majority in Hollywood. I love Beautiful Creatures with her, and Finding Neverland, she rocked in both of those.

And she was about the only thing that made Titanic worth watching. I love her!

• Members

Yes..she was great in The Life Of David Gale. Have u seen Holy Smoke. She is downright superb in that movie. Pissing in front of Harvey Keitel..that took me by surprise. That is what i love about Kate Winslet. She is very diverse with her roles that she plays.

• Members

IMO one of her best performances was in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

She was very good in Titanic, but not Oscar-winner worthy IMO. The Life of David Gale IMO was MASSIVELY underrated. She was overlooked in this movie. Some critics said she overacted, but I could not disagree more. She was AWESOME!! The whole cast was good. I remember I watched this on a plane and was thinking, OSCAR!! But then it didn't get anything.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived