B&B May 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This show is sooo deep in sh*t Right now, it’s hard to believe. The same f*cking storyline every single day. And it does not even add up!? Seriously??? Everyone (the 7 characters that are still seen in LA...) behave plain stupid. I finally caught up hoping that April was a one-time-occurrence, yet it seems that we have to endure more of waffle Liam and Hope in her rag dresses. yawn!

Cut to Friday Cliffhanger: 

Dumbass proposing to Dope - wtf?

• Members

It’s probably half the writing and half the acting, but this Hope is a jaw-dropping fail. Are they simply writing her as a particularly passive-aggressive villainess or what? It would be an interesting choice if Bradley had any real gift for character, but we know that’s not the case.

• Members

^^ It's both.  I can't stand this Hope.

I've been FF'ing all Hope and Liam scenes this week.

And these scenes with Steffy/Liam or Steffy/Wyatt where neither of the dim bulbs will tell her WHY they think she's still having an affair with Bill is so freaking aggravating.  I know this isn't a new thing in soaps, but this story is already aggravating enough without adding these crossed signals or whatever you want to call it.

Why does everyone have to propose immediately when they decide to get together?  Why?  I don't watch soaps for romance, but what happened to couples courting and dating and building up a relationship before they get hitched?

Ridge apologized to Steffy for not being there for her and leaving on a business trip during yesterday's episode.  Now I could swear that he had scenes with both Steffy and Liam in what should have been just the day before and he's back the very next morning (though these couple days took place over 2 or 3 weeks of episodes), so it makes no sense that he's acting like he's been gone an extended period of time.  Just sayin'.

• Members

Bradley Bell did the same thing with original Hope and Liam. A lot of meaningless conversations with no story movement at all. I am sure Kim Mutula got sick of it and that's part of the reason she left. Bradley Bell is awful at telling stories. He's always had a hard on for Hope and Liam but Kim moved on which left him with nothing. This recast of Hope has nothing of the qualities the original possessed.

Also Bradley fell in love with a Thomas/Sally pairing and quickly rushed them without any real buildup only to have Forde leave the role of Thomas.....seems like a pattern with Bell.

Archived