Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DRW50

Megyn Kelly Melts Down

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Khan said:

It almost seems like a relic from a bygone, simpler era.

 

That's because it is. I was just starting high school then!!

 

Maybe NBC should hire Ricki Lake? Hey, I'd rather watch her than Carson Daly. 😉😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, well, well. Looks who's using gun control for a better image...

 

She's saying ALL the right things, but I don't believe for a second she means it or truly cares. Megyn, honey,  you're not that good of an actress. Her so-called impassioned speech was dead behind the eyes.

 

In any case, here it is.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think switching Megyn out of morning TV will do the trick.  I mean, they could have her host "Dateline NBC" on Friday or Saturday nights and it would STILL bomb; and that's because no one outside of Fox News' loyal audience wants to see that woman doing anything.  She really belongs back on FNC, where the journalistic standards are nil; or on One America News or InfoWars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, amybrickwallace said:

Do you think NBC will just buy out her contract? If so, what do you think they'd do with the 9 AM slot of TODAY?

 

Good question(s).

 

Granted, I'm not an expert OR psychic, but I think NBCU will eventually buy out Megyn's contract.  They've done it before with other personalities who've proven to be liabilities for their organization.  (Hi, Matt Lauer!)  I can't see them NOT doing it again.

 

As for the 9 am slot -- again, I could be wrong -- but, in retrospect, I've come to see Katie Couric's Olympics gig as a possible first step toward succeeding Megyn in that hour.  Katie's profile is higher than Megyn's; she's liked by a broader segment of the network's target audience (even when she makes the occasional, on-air gaffe, like that unfortunate comment about the Dutch being so good at skating because they have to skate to work everyday); and she'd be back under NBC's fold AND "Today"'s.

 

But, if Katie weren't to succeed Megyn in the 9 am slot, then NBCU would probably just raid from MSNBC's coffers, or CNBC's, or one of the MANY syndicated shows (like "Access Hollywood") they produce.

 

Or...they could just get Ryan Seacrest. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Khan said:

 

Good question(s).

 

Granted, I'm not an expert OR psychic, but I think NBCU will eventually buy out Megyn's contract.  They've done it before with other personalities who've proven to be liabilities for their organization.  (Hi, Matt Lauer!)  I can't see them NOT doing it again.

 

As for the 9 am slot -- again, I could be wrong -- but, in retrospect, I've come to see Katie Couric's Olympics gig as a possible first step toward succeeding Megyn in that hour.  Katie's profile is higher than Megyn's; she's liked by a broader segment of the network's target audience (even when she makes the occasional, on-air gaffe, like that unfortunate comment about the Dutch being so good at skating because they have to skate to work everyday); and she'd be back under NBC's fold AND "Today"'s.

 

But, if Katie weren't to succeed Megyn in the 9 am slot, then NBCU would probably just raid from MSNBC's coffers, or CNBC's, or one of the MANY syndicated shows (like "Access Hollywood") they produce.

 

Or...they could just get Ryan Seacrest. ;)

I’m assuming you mean Seacrest when the Idol reboot tanks and he’s no longer indentured to ABC?

 

Couric would be good, if she’s up for it. They could just put Sheinelle Jones and Al Roker back in place, which was working just fine, or, gasp, beg Tamron Hall to return (although they may have burned their bridges, but a sweet paycheck could soothe all of that).

 

Mary Carillo would be fun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

I’m assuming you mean Seacrest when the Idol reboot tanks and he’s no longer indentured to ABC?

 

OR...he could do it IN ADDITION TO the "Idol" reboot, the radio stuff AND "Live with Kelly & Ryan."  Apparently, Ryan Seacrest can do it all.  (Not that he SHOULD do it all, or anything AT all, but you know what I'm saying.)

Edited by Khan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Khan said:

 

OR...he could do it IN ADDITION TO the "Idol" reboot, the radio stuff AND "Live with Kelly & Ryan."  Apparently, Ryan Seacrest can do it all.  (Not that he SHOULD do it all, or anything AT all, but you know what I'm saying.)

As someone who needs at least 7 hours of sleep to be semi-functional, I don’t know how he does it. You don’t even really have time to enjoy the fruits of your labor. Dude is running from some deep mental trauma. But I digress...

 

I think the Megyn trouble has probably bought DAYS a few more years, but they really should be announcing that renewal soon.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

As someone who needs at least 7 hours of sleep to be semi-functional, I don’t know how he does it.

 

HopefulSecondJoey-size_restricted.gif

 

(I know I shouldn't be so hard on that Seacrest.  But I can't help it.  He bugs me.  A lot.)

Edited by Khan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Khan said:

 

OR...he could do it IN ADDITION TO the "Idol" reboot, the radio stuff AND "Live with Kelly & Ryan."  Apparently, Ryan Seacrest can do it all.  (Not that he SHOULD do it all, or anything AT all, but you know what I'm saying.)

 

Not to mention New Year's Rocking Eve, but that's only once a year...thank goodness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...