A Icon Returns For Halloween-2018

Roman

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

well, I saw the film last night. I give it a solid 7/10. The music was IMO Carpenter's best work. incredible. The film started very well and very suspenseful including the opening credits. we get introduced to everyone and then it slows a bit for me. some things start and either has no resolution or they come out of nowhere. the final 20 minutes what the word 'suspense' was created for. well done. a good time for me, but I didn't expect the wheel to be reinvented and it wasn't. good time though.

• Members

He overacted VERY badly. and the abrupt turn made no sense at all. from what I read last evening, in the original cut of the film, Laurie was responsible for Michael escaping, so I think in reshoots they shoehorned him in and then ended his arc. 

• Members

$77 million!!!!!  I had never seen a Halloween movie until this one.  Some of the dumbest things ever in this movie but I did enjoy Jamie Lee.  

That was the worst 5 minute twist I'd ever seen. It would have worked better had they given it more time.  I got it because this is all the doctor had done, but there was not enough time to dedicate so why go there?  

“Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster...”

Friedrich W. Nietzsche

• Members

I still don't know why people in these films have to investigate everything. RUN! the kid that ran out of the room and out the back door was the ONLY one who has sense. The Dr. angle should have at least had a bit more time or should not have been used altogether iMPO.  well, he wanted to see pure evil......he got his wish, but that scene was very poorly written.

and this. I'm tired of trailers being done which show footage that is not in the film. there were complete scenes that were nowhere to be found. studios need to cut this out.

in one of the 80 (yes, 80) drafts of the script, Laurie was responsible for Michael's escape.

Archived