September GH Thread

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's a big part of the problem in episodic writing currently- a good writer does construct a story from start to finish.  Adjustment can and should be made along the way but the major points of the plot (and a timeline as to how they'll unravel) should be outlined from jump.   Not deciding on the way a story will end and instead figuring it out as you go makes for a sloppy show.

• Members

Unlike some other viewers, I have found the St. Petersburg intrigue kind of interesting, but, there are a few things that don't make sense.  More observant viewers on other sites have pointed out that Ava should have recognized Sonny's telephone number because she herself would use it if there were issues with her daughter with Sonny.  That one got by me, but my big question is, they are pumping up this character that Steve Burton is playing, most probably Jason, with a horse tranquilizer and he could withstand it like Superman?  Are we supposed to believe that it was "the power of love" that keeps the tranquilizer from taking effect?  Will this character be the one who will eat poisoned pancakes and still live to tell about it?

• Members

Someone needs to remind Ms. Walker that rule number one of defending yourself against claims of racism is NOT to say some of your best friends (or, in her case, your best friends' children) are Black.

I STAY sick to death of Steve Burton.

• Members

Another fabulous episode .  The story pacing is so bad. We pick up with stunning Finola Hughes repeating herself  talking to Dawgy Daddy for the whole episode with no plot movement whatsoever. Of course, they were last scene a week ago. I can accept every other day, but it's been a week. 

They have no problem with Carly repeating over and over about not trusting Nelle--and that dayplayer with her today was awful.

Man Landers was a fill-in story to cover the time off for KS. The only redeeming qualities for this story have been the divine Jennifer Bassey, and the much needed changes in Amy. When first brought on, she was a terribly written character. She's still annoying, but I've liked the changes they made. I've seen on other boards and FFacebook the "disgust" of viewers that can't see why Nathan would bother even talking to "that fat nurse", "the porker", etc.   Shame on them, people come in sizes other than zero.   People fat shaming her should get up and look in the mirror. I'm sure most of them aren't a size zero...

I wonder if we'll actually see Bobbi's party, and how many will attend? Not expecting much there.

• Members

Yep. JFP got a lot of deserved flack because of how she treated female actresses, but some of the fans are just as bad. In part Hollywood has really trained us to expect actresses to be incredibly thin.  It's sick that so many people blindly accept and expect it though. I like some of the changes in Amy, but they've almost made her too chipper now.  Some of it is acting choices I guess.  I like the actress, but I'll be surprised if they continue to write for her.

Archived