Film Awards Thread

• Members

I really enjoyed Lily in KOTFM. But I looved Emma in Poor Things. Whatever the Academy decides on this one is actually fine by me

Please register in order to view this content

Actually for all the acting categories, I am pretty much in agreement. I keep going back and forth between Murphy and Giamatti. I loved both performances, but they are so different.

I am fine with RDJ winning Supporting. I think the others were fine. I haven't seen American Fiction yet, so I cannot comment on Sterling (although I am sure he did awesome). 

DJR is a great actress and I loved her on The Holdovers. Haven't seen Color Purple, so I cannot speak about Danielle Brooks (who I only know from OITNB and she was one of my faves there), but all the other ladies while great are not really close to DJR.

Looking forward to Nolan finally getting his first Oscar. Long overdue!! Next I want to see Denis Villeneuve win one, as I find him (and Nolan) to be the best directors of this generation.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Here's the full list of winners (?) at this year's Razzie Awards:

Worst picture: Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey

Worst actor: Jon Voight, Mercy

Worst actress: Megan Fox, Johnny & Clyde

Supporting actress: Megan Fox, Expend4bles

Supporting actor: Sylvester Stallone, Expend4bles

Worst on-screen couple: Pooh & Piglet, Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey

Worst remake, rip-off or sequel: Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey

Worst director: Rhys Frake-Waterfield, Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey

Worst screenplay: Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey

Redeemer award: Fran Drescher

• Administrator

Just saw Poor Things and I really hope Emma wins.  Bella Baxter is one fantastic character. And all the stuff that Emma had to do with that character was just phenomenal.

It's too bad Willem Dafoe didn't get more recognition during awards season.  And Mark Ruffalo was great too. 

What a weird movie.  I didn't expect it to be that funny. Loved it.  LOL

• Members
Posted (edited)

The drama over The Holdovers does not seem very well-founded to me. What's baffling is that an established screenwriter (Paddington, Luca) would go to the mat over this when it doesn't look super credible from what I've seen.

All I care about is that Anatomy, Killers and Barbie get some proper recognition, particularly Lily Gladstone. Barbie was as much of a pop New Wave shock to the system IMO as Bonnie & Clyde. Everything else I saw (and I saw most things this year, for once with the exception of Maestro, Rustin, Past Lives and May December, which I will get to post-Oscars) was quite good but are all secondary to me. I do aim to rewatch Oppenheimer today beforehand - it was a bit too overwhelming an experience the first time albeit good, but I am not in the cult of Nolan. So I need to give it a second look. I'm also finally getting to Zone of Interest today.

Edited by Vee

• Administrator

Yay Emma!! Yay Chris Nolan!  Those are the only two Oscar wins I was hoping for.

Al Pacino was awful.  WTF was that.  LOL.

Ryan Gosling's performance was so good.  Probably one of the all time best at the Oscars. 

Love Greta's reaction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2H4pJOtj_M