Production design: Poor Things

Sound: The Zone of Interest

Cinematography: Oppenheimer

Editing: Oppenheimer

Casting: The Holdovers

Special visual effects: Poor Things

full list here: Bafta Awards 2024: The complete list of winners and nominees

• Members

I watched All of Us Strangers last night on Hulu. Devastating and beautiful film that still makes me emotional thinking about it. Shameful it was largely ignored by the leading award bodies.

Andrew Scott, Paul Mescal, Claire Foy, and Jamie Bell were all brilliant. Andrew Scott’s performance in particular is an all-timer.

I will never hear this song the same way again:

• Members

This is a really great video.  I appreciate the sincerity and inclusiveness.  Watch it even if you're not disabled, it's lovely.

Troy Kotsur, the first deaf actor to be nominated and win a SAG Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role, announces that SAG-AFTRA is increasing accessibility for those who are blind or have low vision with addition of Audio Descriptions for Digital Screeners and the 30th Annual SAG Awards Global Live Stream airing on Netflix Saturday, February 24, 2024

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Quoting some of Drescher's speech at SAG-AFTRA awards:

"During the fight for a better TV theatrical contract, global ideas emerged. AI will entrap us in a matrix where none of us know what's real. If an inventor lacks empathy and spirituality, perhaps that's not the invention we need. Dystopia stories can also become a self-fulfilling prophecy. We should tell stories that spark the human spirit, connect us to the natural world, and awaken our capacity to love unconditionally." 

"What does female leadership look like to women and girls? We don't have to emulate male energy, but rather lead with intellect, compassion, wisdom – and still rock a red lip. Sometimes it's hard to see the frame when you're in the picture. But a renaissance can happen. We each can work to develop empathy within ourselves. Collectively, the paradigm will shift toward peace and harmony."

Edited by janea4old

• Administrator

Oppenheimer won the Producers Guild, sweeping the three guild awards.  It's almost guaranteed to win Best Picture now.  I just don't see an upset happening here.   Best Actor, Supporting Actor, Supporting Actress are also a lock.  The only upset I can see is with Best Actress.  Lily Gladstone is the favourite now after winning the SAG, but I think Emma Stone has medium-size chance for the upset.  I haven't seen Poor Things yet (I've just seen the promos and a few clips), and I did see KOFTM, and I thought Emma was better/did more with what I saw.  LOL. Spoilers for KOTFM

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Having taken the step of seeing both movies, I will say that Emma is very good in Poor Things but Lily is equally deserving for Killers and carries a ton of the film for me, the equal of De Niro and Leo who were also very very good.