Which daytime-soap actress did the best job of acting crazy onscreen?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree with a lot of the above but for me the definitive performance will always be Kristi Ferrell portraying Roxie Shayne's breakdown on GL. She didn't get a chance to be cute or clever like Marty Sayebrook or Annie Lewis. She just had one day where she showed a woman who was completely broken mentally.

• Members

- Jane Elliot as Carrie Todd (GL) was phenomenal

- Kimberlin Brown as Sheila Carter (B&B and Y&R) is simply iconic and I admire her acting skills. 

- Cynthia Watros as Annie Dutton (GL) was so powerful

- Sabryn Genet as Tricia Dennison (Y&R) did a great job when the character lost her mind (and the writing was stellar at the time). 

• Members

Did Marcy Walker (as Eden on Santa Barbara) ever go loony?

Sweden actually really liked Santa Barbara to the point they aired it here in reruns in the early 2000s. Or was she just a Rapunzel?

• Members

She did, in her exit storyline which was a DID storyline.  At the time, it was painful to watch, knowing she was being written out that way but upon re-watching it, it was actually quite phenomenal.  Marcy was EXTRAORDINARY in it.  She never went over the top- each performance was subtle and full of nuance.  There was even this thing she would do with her eyelids to indicate that she was in the Lisa personality.  Remarkable work from an exceptional actress.

Other breakdowns I thought were fab-

Eileen Davidson as Kristen on DAYS

Kimberlin Brown as Sheila on Y&R and B&B

Sabryn Genet as Tricia on Y&R

Marie Wilson as Meg on ATWT

(I didn't watch GL during Cynthia Watros so can't speak to that)

Archived