HBO: House of the Dragon

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yeah, I haven't watched the episode yet and I'll take screenshots soon. However, my physical therapist gave it away when she goes, "Yeah, so I heard that almost half the cast is going to be recast." Now, I don't care if someone releases a spoiler, but it was the fact that I knew at that very moment when she said that to me as she was painfully stretching and pulling my arm, then I knew I was about to lose my Milly.

I enjoy pain, but to lose Milly so abruptly is not fair.

• Members

Okay, so Ty Tennant is the actor who plays Prince Aegon Targaryen II. That's the character who enjoys voyeurism masturbation, right? I don't know how to feel now as Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen and Ser Criston Cole were like the IT factor. Like, if you're not them, then you're no one, lol! Of the recasts to age them 10 years later, they didn't want to keep Milly Alcock, but they kept Fabien Frankel? What. EVER. I like Olivia Cooke as Queen Alicent Hightower though.

Who is this Larys 'Clubfoot' Strong character? He just kind of popped up like a genital wart.

Edited by Noel

• Members

Oh, yeah. That's right. In S01E05. I totally forgot all about that. Well, since it has been a ten-year jump, I'm sure he and Queen Alicent Hightower have developed an untold relationship within that time frame. I was wondering why he ordered the tongues to be cut off of those guys in exchange for their freedom. Well,  because they cannot speak of it, but they can write about it I suppose. So, how many children does Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen have? It's 3, right? I wonder if the eldest son is Ser Criston Cole's. 

OMG. Me too. I'm sure by now his back has been sucked on by a thousand blood-sucking leeches. I don't know how Queen Alicent Hightower does it. 

Edited by Noel

• Members

The longer this show goes on the more it really does resemble Knots Landing, lol. The domestic family squabbles and ongoing pressure cooker of the many enclosed, suffocating social events they share, the long-standing personal and social grudges. Even Larys Strong and his new leverage on Alicent (beautifully and tragically played by Olivia Cooke) after events with the Strongs closely resembles Abby Ewing getting way more than she bargained for from a helpful business associate in Knots Season 6!

Edited by Vee

• Members

LOL! I haven't had the chance to watch it yet, but after taking these screenshots, I think I know where this is already heading! Yes, the drama and the scandal!

House of The Dragon S01E07

Please register in order to view this content

• Administrator

She's fantastic! I really like Queen Alicent now.   Those family scenes after the kids' fight (which was also great, I thought someone was going to get killed) was so damn good.  I loved the tension and in-fighting and accusations.  

"I'm not a kid anymore, uncle. Please fuck me."  Ewwwww.......haha.  

• Members

So gross. I'm still miffed that they took away Milly Alcock, but I sort of understand why they had to do a 10-year time jump. But, Rhaenyra Targaryen (played by Milly) and Criston Cole were so cute together. Now, she's an uncle lover.

House of The Dragon S01E08

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Episode 1.8: "Say it."  "Her children.....ARE BASTAAAARDS!!!  And she is a whore."  Me:

.....to....   Dude got his face sliced in half! LOL  

Superb music for King Viserys entrance and walk to the throne.  He truly loved Rhaenyra and had to be there for his daughter one last time.  What a scene!

Episode 1.9: "You desire not to be free but to make a window in the wall of your prison." This scene between Rhaenys and Alicent was so good! That line by Rhaenys is one of the best from the season.   And then the dragon scene at the end.  This episode made me like Rhaenys. 

Episode 1.10: Can they please stop with birthing scenes????  This was the most gruesome of all, and I had do periodically look away.   What was the point of Rhaenyra losing the baby?  I hope we get a Rhaenyra/Alicent showdown scene next season.  They are my two favourite characters on the show. 

Incest question...... Earlier in the season, why did they make it seem like Rhaenyra and Daemon getting together was taboo, yet Viserys/Alicent's son and daughter married each other.  I figure incest marriage is mainly for strategy, but I don't see the point of Aegon/Haelena.  Why was Aegon/Haelena pairing okay?