B&B - April 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My bet is that Brad has realized that only Shirley aka Sally1 (notice the evolution in her wigs and attitude), Sally2 and maybe CoCo are worth keeping.

NuSaul turns stalker psycho leading to Thomas rescue/reunion with S2 - but WyNot will already be in picture by then. Darlita will just stop appearing and no one will miss her. 

And when Quidge blows up, Widge and Quinn end up at Spectra during their temporary exile and round and round it will go. 

• Members

Soaps never write for the characters you want to and if they do its usually just crumbs or an awful story.

Bradley Bell wrote for Thomas and Sally because that's what he wanted as a couple NOT what the audience wanted. He doesn't take into consideration his audience. Reminds me of Christopher Goutman and his time at ATWT.

• Members

Its money she doesnt have. CJ mentioned that on the show. She likely charged the Spectra credit card for all that, hoping things would turn out in her favor later

What I dont get is how she could even pull off a fashion show considering no one showed up last time bc they thought she was a joke. Any reputation she had was ruined by the review, so why would all the press take her seriously enough now to make this event a thing?

• Members

She's now the one pushing a reluctant Sally to use Coco to steal the designs and use them. She also pushed Sally to break up with Thomas. Hmm is it a break up if you've had one date? Anyway, she told Sally about Caroline and the baby and made it seem like Sally wasn't good enough for Thomas because he had a baby with a socialite.

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Shirley is coming across too over the top and they run the risk of turning her into a cartoon which isnt too far off since they dress her like a Disney villian

on a side note this is the best Sally has ever looked. See this is what I said when she first came on. They would slowly have her less tacky and turn her into generic soap heroine now that she's fallen in love. She'll be out by fall. She's already lost her fire

her at her last show

• Members

They are turning her into Sally1, who was total OTT character. Hence, whey PD should've cast as Sally1. She would've been perfect. I know Brad loves his fantasy that Sally1 is devouring these young studs all over the world, but recasting Sally1 and having her push Sally2 would've been far more compelling and believable as she manipulated CoCo, blah, blah, blah. Oh, and if Brad wanted to live his full-figured granny pouncing on young studs, PD played that part to perfection on DAYS.

And $B is the mustache twirling evil threat, which is beyond dumb on so many fronts. So what if he takes that space? You mean to tell me there aren't plenty of warehouses that Spectra could either rent/buy? Especially since $B is willing to pay TOP $$$ for the current property? It's completely illogical to create this false external threat. There are at least a half dozen holes in this forced story. It's bad.

So Jared figured out they are FC knock-offs...Will $B be impressed by Spectra now that they've screwed The Dressmaker?

• Members

They've definitely changed Shirley up and I think Patrika could have played Sally1 just fine as much as I floved Darlene Conley. 

Brads mistake too is once again an insta romance between Sally2 and Thomas. Thomas being straight is also another problem.

• Members

I think Patrika is one of the bright spots on B&B right now. Bradley stealing her from Days was great but can he capitalize on her talents.

I flove Nu Saul too. They should make him realize the reason he really hates Thomas is not because he has a thing for Sally but because he has a crush on him.

• Members

I haven't seen B&B in a year but I really enjoyed today's episode with the Spectra fashion show.

I disagree that OG Sally should have been recast with Patrika Darbo - that part is Darlene's and OG Sally was her creation. I'm glad Brad chose not to recast. I enjoy Patrika's Shirley because she has many shades of Nancy Wesley circa 1998. 

Good to see Mick Cain as CJ. 

• Members

Now you know that'll never happen. Look at how Brad handled Maya's transgender story. Honestly, as a gay man, I don't want him touching another story involving my community as he sucks a**. 

When it comes to the Spectras though, dare I say it, but I wish they'd just finally kill Sally off. No use in continuing to act like she's alive abroad. 

Archived