B&B - April 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

B&B is the only soap on the air not to do a gay storyline. I know he would mess it up like he did the Maya catastrophe. It is a shame that a soap about designing doesn't have a gay character.

Agreed about Sally...she should've had a death story when DC passed away.....it would have made more sense with her family returning to resurrected her company in memory to losing her.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't trust Brad when it comes to social issues, which is sad seeing as who he is the scion of. Brad's niche is writing drab as affair stories for the 1000th time and that's it. He's not good at doing anything more than that. 

I feel like while the Spectra clan is front and center, they need to go ahead and just kill Sally offscreen and use it to propel the new Spectras forward. 

• Members

yeah I dont get that. Bill doesnt care if Spectra fails or succeeds; he just wants the building. I dont get why CJ didnt just take the money and get Sally a new place. With all the money Bill is willing to pay, she could use that to keep herself afloat for a while considering she does have money issues. Dumb

"The one, the only Sally Spectra." Um, no she's not

The end with Sally and Thomas held no weight to it bc they rushed them being in love when they never even went on a formal date. This is a scene that shouldnt have happened till at least June

• Members

I'm no fan of Brooke, but is the show putting that character on the backburner? Is it just me thinking this? As much as I detest her, I hate when vets get shoved aside in order to promote younger and newer characters. It seems like she has minimal screen time for someone tied up in a love triangle story. 

• Members

Bell works by rotating characters in and out. He has a problem with focusing on more than one thing at once so you'll see one story nonestop and then its put on hold for the next. 

FYI, the Quinn/Ridge/Brooke/Bill quad is in the promos for next week so is kicking back up again

• Members

Brooke is written the same way she always is and thats been the problem. There's no evolution with her. As someone says, its as if every storyline they approach with her, they forget what was written before with her learning nothing. When she came back to the show, they did try to give her something different with the alcoholism story but that bombed and they ended up giving it to Heather Tom, while Brooke went back to lusting after Bill

• Members

Brooke should be the show's new Stephanie by now, with a younger character who acts a lot like early-Brooke reminding her who she used to be. Maya could be this woman, if she wasn't the world's most boring transsexual. 

After thirty years we still have no idea who Brooke is. Is she a chemist? A tough businesswoman? A blonde trophy wife? A slut? The most interesting thing about the character, the love for her children was ruined after the Deacon mess. After Brad turned Stephanie into Stefano Dimera, the complexity of that relationship was ruined as well. 

At one point I wanted Brooke to run a fashion house to compete with the Forresters, while Ridge was happily married to Taylor. A little bit like Dynasty's Alexis. At another point I wanted Brooke to marry Bill and have Steffy seduce him, a little bit like Stephanie/Eric/Brooke or Kay/Phillip/Jill with the triangle lasting for years and years. 

Brad kept getting her married twice a year for more than a decade, mostly to Ridge, other Forrester men or the long-forgotten Nick Marrone, without thinking that she would have to be the show's matriarch at some point. 

• Members

+1 in a major way. The biggest problem is that Brooke wasn't transitioned into being the show's matriarch, which is solely Brad Bell's fault given that it was clear Susan Flannery was not going to be like Jeanne Cooper and stay with the show to her dying day, particularly after Flannery's bout with colon cancer. There was a solid 3 year period prior to Flannery's exit when it was clear that she was planning to leave the show and that's when Brooke's transition from youthful vixen to slutty matriarch could have been done smoothly. Brooke vs Steffy would have been golden in a Kay vs Jill feud. Ronn Moss leaving when his contract negotiations fell apart certainly didn't help matters...

I really don't understand why Brad Bell would hold anything against Katherine Kelly Lang for doing Italy's Dancing with the Stars - it's certainly good for B&B's PR. I have to wonder how true those rumours are...Ronn Moss has said that he's never heard from Brad Bell since he left and was told about the Thorsten Kaye recast by voicemail, after he asked Brad to not recast the character, so it seems there might be some real bad blood there. 

Archived