Dallas: Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

On youtube every time they post a clip with Eric Farlow as Christopher, there are nasty comments about him being an ugly baby. I actually preferred him in the role than Joshua Harris.....LOL

In the above pics, Farlow looks better compared to Harris. That hairstyle is not flattering. 

• Members

Watching Dallas, I was surprised by how well Kit's homosexuality was treated on the show. Considering it was done in 1979, it was handled with care and reality. No character, not even JR if I remember correctly, was disgusted by Kit's sexuality. Kit also comes to this realization that he needs to live honestly for himself and be who he is. No getting help or needing fixing. 

However, there were no other gay characters after that. I'm sure the AIDS outbreak didn't help towards queer representation, but I will say that Dallas did a good job.

Please register in order to view this content

I'm sure in retrospect it is. However, I've been here waiting for seasons to see her center photo updated and have realized it's not going to happen. 

• Members

Frankly, @GLATWT88, I don't think J.R. cared, because there was no way to exploit it financially. 

The only things that mattered to J.R. Ewing were Ewing Oil and John Ross.  Everything else was inconsequential.

Now, if John Ross had come out of the closet, that would've been another matter, because his homosexuality would have threatened J.R.'s ability to pass onto the family legacy someday to his grandchildren.

Edited by Khan