Dallas: Discussion Thread

• Members

If they put Falcon Crest on FreeVee then I don't see why Knots isn't next; I imagine that the thing that might be holding it up is the entire issue with songs and how they'll deal with that (either cut out, replace or pay license fee; the latter could get more expensive than they like).

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Years ago David Jacob’s debunked the music rights rumor. I tend to believe him because they didn’t use music that much. You have the Lisa Hartman tracks and a couple 60s pop songs later on but that’s it. That would be easier to clear than a 90210 with endless pop songs in each episode. 

• Members

It has been reported that Knots and  FC had poor dvd sales. 

A DVD on demand season 3 was released for FC. Sales for that season were said to have been good. They even said a season 4 release was going to happen but it never did.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Yes.  My recollection is they scripted a lot of different false scenarios, filmed a few of them, and staged photos of others.  Some tabloid (National Enquirer?) was digging through the trash outside Lorimar studios for scraps of scripts, planting "spies" inside the studio and so forth, in order to get the "scoop" on Patrick Duffy's return.  Anticipating this, Katzman (or whoever was producer at the time) threw the tabloids off-track by leading them to believe Duffy would be playing an imposter, a never-before-heard-of brother, and a mangled Bobby who'd been in a coma.  These were all red herrings to feed the media, though, because they'd always intended to bring him back as Plain Ole Bobby, as that's the only way long-time fans would've been satisfied.  

• Members

When you consider where they left off, I don’t understand why they didn’t just say Bobby was revived and Angelica Nero always had him hidden away as a last resort sort of thing in case her deal with JR failed. It would be forgotten in a few episodes and they wouldn’t have to reset all of their stories a year back. I can’t believe they actually went through with that. 

• Members

Or make it Bobby’s dream. 

Make it so that Katherine did run him over but instead of dying, he had been in a coma and dreamed up everything. Basically, make it so that we saw what Bobby saw.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

In the beginning...ratings of the first 5 episodes.

Debuting late (April) in the 77/78 season Sundays @10.

1.Digger's Daughter 21.5/37 #18 of 65

2. The Lesson 15.2/26 # 50 of 69

3. Spy in the House 15.8/26 #40 of 65

4. Winds of Vengeance 21.1/35 # 12 of 68

5. Barbecue 21.8/39 #11 of 65

The lead in was strong-All in the Family/Alice and the competition was the last hour of movies on ABC and NBC.

That dip for episodes 2 and 3 was due to strong competition from NBC with the movie 'Family upside Down' and 'Holocaust Pt 1 'dominating the 9-11 timeslot.

Dallas finished #44 for the season. CBS saw that the show had promise and scheduled it for Sat @10 next season. They decided to go with a new drama 'Kaz' Sun @10.

• Members

That...might have worked.  IIRC, there was a moment when the family was gathered around Bobby at the hospital.  Bobby was struggling to talk to them; then, suddenly, he flatlined.  They could have said that, in fact, Bobby came back, but remained in a coma for some time; and that everything we saw after he flatlined was all part of his coma-induced dreams.