Dallas: Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm sure it will end up on Max soon. I'd recommend at least buying one episode at $2.99. It is worth it! I was watching episodes last night and the picture quality was pristine. 

The video shot was of a Bobby imposter storyline. Patrick Duffy playing the imposter after have plastic surgery. That meant season 9 wouldn't have been a dream season.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

If they did the imposter story with ques from KL's Cathy Geary story, where she basically becomes Ciji, that could have worked.

Maybe Cliff would have been behind it to have faux Bobby give him a big share of Ewing Oil. Pam would fall in love with him, feelings would be mutual, he confesses out of guilt. A "Cliff, how could you!!"

And perhaps, faux Bobby would have had an edge that could show be was more ruthless than JR im businessb more manipulative, and aids in a revenge plot to take him down? Sue Ellen and faux bobby could pretend to be in love, she dumps JR, has a fake marriage with faux Bobby, and they gain custody of John Ross? With faux Bobby being more cunning, and being in JR'S orbit, and being at the office regularly he could find enough dirt to drag his name in the mud. Lucy will join him by revealing the time he married her off to a gay for a business deal. And bring back the actor reprise the roll to help testify as a charcter witness for either the custody battle or the criminal charges he would face once enough evidence is unearthed to prove his criminal practices. Like the asisn oil well thing that led to the Who Shot Jr story. 

• Members

Dallas group I belong to.

I don't think they went the imposter route because the producers knew fans wanted Bobby back.

Also Dynasty had already done an imposter story with Krystal the previous year.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

@j swift watching season 6 episode and Pam and Sue Ellen are talking about their relationship. Sue Ellen mentions how she hated her from the first time she met her until recently. Pam says she never noticed smiling. Pam acknowledges that she hated Sue Ellen too.

I tagged you since you mentioned their relationship in a previous post.

• Members

That's the story I heard - that they "shot" a few alternative takes about Bobby's return to cover up the dream solution, not that it was ever seriously considered. Explains the potato picture quality of the pictures too - they're done that way because obviously they were never going to be used.

I might be wrong, but I think there was some other "alternative" scene that was sent out as a decoy.