Netflix: One Day at a Time

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Oh good lord. I thought for sure this would be the end of it, but now it seems like they're still in the fight. Royce and GCK's public comments are much more optimistic here than they were a month or two ago on social media.

If ODAAT somehow manages to find a third home I'll never count it out again.

• Members

Not sure we ever posted this, but this is from the end of September, and there's some discussion of S5 ideas -

It is not lost on me that by all recent reporting, CBS All Access was potentially prepared to pick up the show for Season 5 but ran into a wall on Netflix's continued ban on it going to any other streaming outlet, which still has a year left on that ban - a year they apparently won't waive.

• Members

Not a surprise, but I really just want them to get a wrapup episode at least. The last live episode works perfectly well as a finale, but they want to do more, have ideas, and fought like hell every season. They deserve a chance to say goodbye. And this season was their best yet, so it's not even if as if they were going out with a whimper. 

• Members

Again, it seems like they're much more optimistic atm than they were, say, a month ago during the airing on CBS. So that makes me wonder.

I am really infuriated that Netflix wouldn't bend on giving it to CBS All Access. And I do need to watch the animated episode. I think their future at Pop would've been secure if not for what appears to have been a total change in upper management - the previous head seemed committed to its long-term future. Then they shifted creatives, and dumped all their scripted programming.

• Members

Did that animated show Bertie and Tucan have a better deal with Netflix than ODAAT why they were able to go to Warner Media after being cancelled on Netflix?

I think I read about a few show creatives who turned down Netflix for HBO Max, Hulu, etc.

I wonder if Netflix's treatment of ODAAT could've been a factor.

I was thinking the same thing. Perhaps Unimas or some Network aimed at a young/progressive audience would be receptive. I am not sure if the show could retain all of their viewers but at least the show would continue to lose momentum and the show would have a home until the Netflix deal expires.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

If I'm not mistaken NBC owns telemundo. Unimas is another option but they have fewer viewers than Telemundo and Univision. The show could be seen early morning or afternoon on univision. Nights aren't available due to their novelas. Same for Telemundo. I do believe Sunday night on Univision is perfect for it. It could bring in almost 2 million viewers for the night. That is equivalent to what it's popular novelas do at night.

• Members

Isabella's IG post is killing me. This was such a great show. I haven't gotten a chance to see all of S4 yet (I know, Vee, I know), so I'm glad I still have more of it to enjoy, but I will miss it immensely. I'll never be thankful enough to this cast and crew for showing how you can take a classic series and update it without missing a beat.