What has happened to SON?

Greg

• Members

Yes, it is clearly me. I am hurt that this person would say such things. When did being passionate about something be considered being "rude?" If anything, I try my hardest not be rude, since that's bad form. And you all should know by now that, like licking one's fingers and putting it in cake that another relative is eating out of (like the borderline incestuous Jackby scenes on "Days"), bad form and deviant acts like that aren't something I would agree with.

For the life of me I don't recall calling someone a "!@#$%^&*]" or anything like that, and that's what this poster is trying to suggest. I am very offended and a little hurt! Leave me alone, you nameless bully. :(

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll first address that Greg's not a newbie. I remember him from the ole days.

I don't necessarily agree with all of this. Particularly the slam on JERSoapsFan. Yes, he's very err passionate and a bit spaztastic, but I've never seen him engage in all out flaming of posters.

• Members

Bree, i dont understand this. Greg has come in and launched a scathing attack on myself and JERsoaps and suddenly WE are the ones who are involved in a flame war? We are just defending ourselves and our right to post. Its not right what Greg has done and i expect an apology.

• Members

Marland, I've seen some of your recent posts and they have been good enough for a warning.

All I'm saying is, some of you just need to tone it down. Be passionate, please!---but not to the point where you start attacking others. Many of us are guilty of it, I've done it lots of times before, but sometimes some maturity is needed.

• Members

I have no idea what this means. Is this some secret way of saying who "Greg" really is? :blink:

I doubt it would come to that, Bree. And I don't agree that we're proving Greg's point. No one has started even a battle out of this, I think we're all just trying to make sense of why this person would say such horrible things. And I should point out that I'm not just trying to make myself look good, I can't think of a SINGLE person on this board who really starts these incredibly rude flame wars that "Greg" wrote about. There are jabs at others and there are catty comments, and yes, sometimes little spats come out of them. But nothing is so heated that it has become notorious and if it was, it just had to do with an issue, not a particular person. So that's where I stand. There's no real substantiation for this person's claims. That's why the only thing I can see it as is a personal attack. Someone, for whatever reason, has an ax to grind with some other person and me. And that's troubling.

• Members

I see nothing wrong with SON. In fact, I'm glad some of us disagree and bicker and all that. It helps one another understand the points we are trying to prove. I mean some of us may be offended by other's posts, but I don't think that's the intention. Some of us step on each others toes every now and then to prove our points. There's nothing wrong with that IMO, as long as you know how to prove your point and not totally trash the other person.

• Members

While true, I have yet to see anything in *this* thread, as you mentioned earlier, that would suggest we're proving Greg's point. I think everyone in this thread is being civil and we're trying to make sense of this. I have to agree with Marland. For the purposes of this thread, no one should be blamed for anything other than the person who started it, and for no reason whatsoever but to get a rise out of some of us. Well, too bad, because that's not going to happen. And that's because it never really did.

OH...okay, Marland. I can get that. :lol: But still, that has nothing to do with other posters. If the "!@#$%^&*]" comment was referring to Rebecca Budig's (true) rudeness to the Divine Linda Dano, then fine. But never have I called another poster a name, which is why it's ridiculous--and again unsubstantiated--what the person was implying. In other words, it's a LIE.

• Members

I don't think anything's wrong with SON, we're still the same intelligent bunch we've always been. I like this board because it seems like censorship isn't a huge thing, and I like that we can talk openly with eachother about pretty much anything. We do get passionate over our soaps and yeah maybe we need to done it down a bit, but the board is far from being a bad place.

• Members

In the heat of the moment sometimes we can take it too far... but overall I don't see that very much on SON, they are usually constructive arguments... I do not see how we are proving his point in this thread... I am disagreeing with his assessment but I'm not insulting him....

• Members

Good point Marland. Now to my reply on this Greg poster and what he said:

I for one love SON just the way it is!! I find nothing wrong with a little arguing here and there!! No board is perfect. It is freedom of speech..and a person should be able to say exactly how they feel about an actor..a soap...etc. !! There is also nothing wrong with joking around with members...by calling them a "!@#$%^&*]" or whatever!! I have been called a !@#$%^&*]...and i love it!! The reason for this..is because i know i can be. I also love the outspoken people on this board. Some try to overpower others..but in the end..hopefully things will work out. I have been with SON for 2 and a half years and it is fine just the way it is. We all have opinions...many of us say what is on our mind and what we feel....and many of us argue our cases...whatever they may be. I love it all!! Nothing like a little drama outside of the soaps as well!! :lol:

• Members

Closing this. Blatantly attacking certain posters.

If you have a problem with SON or certain posters at SON, you hit the WARN button and alert the staff of the poster and the post. It is dealt with in that manner.

Archived