What has happened to SON?

Greg

• Members

Hello everyone.

Let me start out saying that I have been a SON member since right around the time Port Charles was cancelled so that's what? 3 years or so?

In that time I have become such a huge fan of this site. It's the people on here that makes me come back day after day.

I never post. I used to back in the day. Then the site crashed and a lot of people left for good.

So we now have this mixture of new and old posters. Which is wonderful. But it is so different to me.

Back in the day there wasn't a ton of rudeness responses being posted back and forth. I'm not saying it was always big smiles and singing from the hillsides. But it never seemed like there was fights all the time like there is in the present.

So I would like to just ask how can someone on here can be rude and ignorant most of the time and STILL be aloud to be a member? What happened to not bashing your fellow SON members? I remember that stuff was not tolerated at all. Now it seems like you can say whatever you want about someone and not even get in trouble.

I am NOT knocking the moderators at all. I like Bree, Rick, Ryan...I think all of em are nice people.

The thing is that when I read a post where another member has called someone else on here stupid, a joke, a loser, a !@#$%^&*]...and many other mean things, it makes me really embarrassed to be part of this group. Even with my lurker status.

IMO I think this place needs cleaned up. If the biggest offenders of this bashing kick continue they should be kicked out of here. Ban their ass!

I don't think it is right that the rudest ones...um I'll call them CarmanDrools and MERpope can continue to post.

Now there is a ton of great people on here. But when you have some bad apples in the bunch it just leaves a bad taste in ones mouth.

I do not enjoy this place when my 'friends' get shitted on because of their opinions. And what is funny is that I haven't talked to any one on here in about a year. But coming here all the time makes it seem like home to me. I just find it wrong that some people are treated like dirt in their own 'house' by some other 'family' members.

I think everyone should let there voice be heard if they think they are being treated poorly.

And I'm sorry for calling out who I did(not to hard to figure out who I really mean) But your actions and your replys speak for themselves even if you disagree with me.

We all need to keep SON at the top of it's game and get rid of the bad players.

We just need to keep it friendly.

What happened to the love that JT and the Black Eye Peas once sang of?...lol.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

who put you up to this? This is a forum for debate, we were NEVER the Brady Bunch. If you dont like it, post elsewhere, although i think you will find it hard to find a soap forum where everybody is sucking up to one another 24/7.

I've posted here for a long long time and have no intention of being driven out by the likes of you, someobody who is evidently trying to STIR THE POT.

Why do i get the feeling you, Mr Newbie, are another poster entirely?

• Members

IMO SON is the best and it has NEVER been better.

I have been around since the beginning of SON and I recall WAY more fights at the beginning of SON, especially board fights with other messageboard, it was WAY more hostile back then.

Little spats here and there are GOING to happen whether people are banned or not, it is human nature to argue and sometimes fight.

This is a messageboard that hosts the fans of all 9 soaps, negative AND positive fans of them, so the chances for heated debates to get a little outta hand are pretty high.

IMO SON doesn't need to be cleaned up, it is perfect the way it is.

And I agree with Marland, this poster is just trying to STIR THE POT, so its a bit hypocritical if you ask me! If it bothered you THAT much you would have handled this in private and contaced SON admin, rather than announcing this and allowing EVERYONE to see.

Also your post DOES sound like some banned poster put you up to it...or maybe you ARE a banned member....but you mention of "friends being shitted on" definetly makes me wonder about the intention of this post.

• Members

I like how dysfunctional and horny SON is. I think that's part of the appeal.

I like to think I read more than post, because everyone has said what I was going to say already.

I mean, there are so many catty posters. How are you not going to have a soap message board without a !@#$%^&*]fest?

• Members

While I respect the original poster's opinion, IA I think this board is at its best now, even after all the crashes. There used to be a lot more fights on this board, ones that would go on for pages.

I think the posters on this board are also becoming more well informed about their shows. The soap intellect level on this board is bar none the highest of any of the soap boards out there.

• Members

Exactly! So many boards out there, such as SoapCentral, the ABC boards are such lets say "dumbed down" versions of SON... LOL there is actually ongoing intelligent and insightful dicussion here 90% of the time... sure we have our squabbles... LOL I have been involved in one or two of them, but I don't really think it goes to the extreme you say it does.... most fights are calling people out on their statements.... not calling them names....99% of them time....but yeah he reason this board rocks so much is because it possesses such a diverse cast of people that share all different opinions and viewpoints.... Respect your opinion just not sure its as extremem as you say it is...

• Members

SON was at its best last year before the ezboard period but its decent now. I myself have lashed out and used strong language in the heat of the moment but most people here are thick skinned. I don't have a problem with anyone though some have a problem with me. Fueds and !@#$%^&*]fests are a part of messageboards. They are to be expected.

I think right now SON is facing a more pressing issue with postwhoring.

• Members

I agree, Marland. I'll admit that I've gotten in one or two little spats, recently. And to be honest, as some actually know and have told me so, it's usually by accident or because someone misunderstood something I was trying to say. I certainly wouldn't call myself the rudest person on SON, and I think it's obvious that this person was trying to suggest that I am. That's just ridiculous. So either this person (who is probably someone else altogether) is just trying to tick me off, or they're just trying to stir the pot since things have been rather peaceful ever since the moderators made a few changes to the site. (Oh, obviously I'm talking about the "Gay or Bi" thread so why dumb it down?)

I was very hurt by this post that "Greg" made. Clearly you are overly sensitive or you don't understand that the Internet isn't a medium that lends itself to getting through the tone in which another person meant something, thereby inadvertently causing a fight, or you're just trying to stir the pot.

I pick C.

• Members

I don't have a problem with SON. Sure, I might disagree with a few other people from time to time, but I haven't noticed any bashing of other posters. Yes, this is an intelligent, well informed bunch of folks here, all passionate about their various favorite soaps/actors, and that makes for healthy debate/discussion.

As I said elsewhere, Ryan and the other mods do an excellent job, and comments from the likes of Claude, Steve, Kirk, Matt and others(to name a few) always make this site well worth coming back to, again and again. Congratulations to all concerned! :DB)B)

Archived